cancer wars

Posted by: meredithbead

cancer wars - 01/18/05 01:21 PM

http://www.rednova.com/news/display/?id=119441

I thought this was a very interesting article, on "Why We Are Still Losing the Winnable Cancer War"
Posted by: Pam Kimmell

Re: cancer wars - 01/18/05 05:15 PM

Interesting article Meredith.....They've been promising "cures" for years and focusing on prevention/early detection - which of course IS crucial - but the long-awaited and anticipated "magic pill" is the carrot dangled before the public as usual. I thought the description of cancer as a "disease of mass destruction" was apt.

Thanks for posting that link!!
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: cancer wars - 01/20/05 02:52 AM

There is a belief in the powers that be that we already have a cancer cure and have had for some time however cancer is a way to keep the medical population wealthy and the drug companys solvent, some of those cancer drugs go for hundreds of dollars for one pill. It is also a good way to thin the population of the elderly that seem to be hanging on longer and longer every year, draining the Social Security reserves. Sound unbelievable? Wake up people its true.... [Mad]
Posted by: Pam Kimmell

Re: cancer wars - 01/20/05 05:44 AM

I believe it....having worked in hospital administration for many years I'm aware of the power of the drug lobby AND the physician community. It's sad but true when life/death situations are being driven by money and not concern. I'm not saying that's the "rule", but it certainly is a fact.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: cancer wars - 01/20/05 07:31 PM

chatty, after watching Mom suffer the way she did, I hope and pray this isn't true. IF there was an icon with tears I'd use it!
Posted by: Dianne

Re: cancer wars - 01/20/05 10:21 PM

I have seen drug companies put drug stores into bankruptcy. They are much more powerful than we realize.