Fascinating new gadgets for bicycle-riders

Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Fascinating new gadgets for bicycle-riders - 11/14/13 07:33 PM

I saw this article today on HellaWella, and I immediately thought of Orchid, since it's all about new gadgets for your bicycle.

But then I realized that as we ease into the season of gifting, some of us might have bike-riding family or friends who might enjoy some of these gadgets.

So here's a link to 12 awesome gadgets for your bike.

I don't quite get #7, the light lane, but then it is still in development. I do however, just LOVE #5, the DORA helmet, which works with your Bluetooth device and allows your helmet to signal turns.

And #2, the Siva Cycle Atom is so much more than the old generator I used to have on my wheel, which powered my lights. This is also a lightweight, highly efficient bicycle generator but it's also a rechargeable battery pack designed to power virtually any of your electronic or mobile devices via USB.

REALLY! (How cool is that?)
Posted by: orchid

Re: Fascinating new gadgets for bicycle-riders - 11/17/13 02:56 PM

Interesting Anne. The battery pack would work with certain bike lights. Certainly the gift buyer would need to understand the cyclist's bike set-up for night lighting.

The bike lane light may be of value if a cyclist doesn't have strong enough lights. Not sure if cars nearby will pay attention.

The 6 bottle beer panniers..kinda of fun, but limited use. I don't drink beer, but more of it is now in cans?
Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Re: Fascinating new gadgets for bicycle-riders - 11/17/13 10:51 PM

Thanks for the critique of the bicycle accessories, Orchid! I also sent the link to my RAGBRAI-riding son, but so far all he's said is "thanks for the article."