Gemstone Healing

Posted by: Wisdom&Life

Gemstone Healing - 12/27/08 03:54 AM

I heard this woman on a radio talk show I listen to talk about Gemstone Healing. I was fascinated with what she talked about, so I went to her web-site Shelley Kaehr I went ahead and ordered some stones and a couple of her books.

She has written many books on different subjects. She is a hypnotherapist. Her dad worked in the turquoise mines and that was the beginning of her influence. She met a Native American Shaman who tought her how to use these stones for healing.

Anyway, I am curious to find out if anyone else has looked into this and what you think.

Cheers,
Cathi
Posted by: seek

Re: Gemstone Healing - 12/27/08 05:07 AM

i have done some self-study and experimentation for years. i love gemstones and crystals and absolutely know they have properties that effect all forms of life.

which stones are you drawn to at the moment?
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Gemstone Healing - 12/27/08 12:55 PM

This is something I know nothing about. But if there's a stone I could sit on the knot on my back and have it feel better, I'm game.

Re: Gemstone Healing - 12/27/08 04:26 PM

Seek, right now I want to get rid of negative energy. I am drawn to the Hematite.

This is something I see in hindsight now, but a few years back I had a bracelet with this stone, and it seemed like everything was falling into place. Then the bracelet broke and I couldn't find a replacement for it. Anyway, since then, things have not fallen into place. BTW, I wanted to replace the bracelet because it was my favorite bracelet, I was not aware of any healing properties at that time.

Dotsie, this woman explains the reason why they have healing properties and the vibrational frequencies of the stones. I am currently reading her book, Gemstone Journeys and it is so easy to follow and it is hard to put down as well. I am happy to look into this for you Dotsie. This is what I like to do... research! I'll definitely post when I find anything.

Cheers,
Cathi
Posted by: Mama Red

Re: Gemstone Healing - 12/27/08 05:09 PM

Hi Dotsie

Which stone is appropriate depends on where on your back the knot is...that may determine what you're "holding" there.
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: Gemstone Healing - 12/28/08 12:24 AM

I believe we are drawn to what we need. Whenever people have a hard time choosing this-this-that-or-that? on my display, I tell them to pick the piece they were drawn to first.

I keep a paperback copy of a gem properties book at my craft booth in case someone wants to look up a particular stone. I also have 3 books at home that I reference. I work on an intuitive visual level but will research when requested. Most of this is available online as well.

I've been making jewelry almost forever but started concentrating on gems ~15 years ago because they were pretty! Before I even knew about gem properties, people would occasionally come to my booth and say they could feel my energy in the stones.

Probably the most interesting story happened several years ago. I saw a woman walking swiftly to my booth from a block away She went directly to a certain necklace and said, "I'll take that one." She told me she could feel its energy from 2 blocks down.

There are certain combinations I won't do because they resonate wrong. If someone asks for them, I try to steer them in another direction.

Re: Gemstone Healing - 12/28/08 02:02 AM

Thank you so much for sharing this Meredith. I had wondered and I thought of you when I first started looking into this. I had a feeling you had a story to tell.

I remember being drawn to this subject when I first saw this subject in the scheduled interviews for Coast to Coast. I have had a hectic year and I just wanted to be surrounded by positive energy for a change. I believe this was Divine intervention because I was in so much dispair. I've since then ordered some of Dr. Kaehr's stones and books. I've been utilizing the stones the best way I know so far. I have much more to learn.

I was so pleased to see the hematite jewelry at your site Meredith. If you were in front of me, I would've kissed you, I was so excited. I have not been able to find this particular bracelet. I will add, your design is even more beautiful than the one I had anyway. Now I am wondering if it was meant for me to find the bracelet from you and I needed to go through all this. I feel I have learned so much this past year. It's hard to explain in words.

Wow, someone sensing the energy 2 blocks away!

Cheers,
Cathi
Posted by: Eagle Heart

Re: Gemstone Healing - 12/28/08 03:12 AM

Cathi, I'd never heard of this before now.

Interesting premise, Meredith, that people are drawn to what they need...I'm constantly experiencing that with books, music and information, finding exactly what I need exactly when I need it. But I've never thought about the spiritual connection to gemstones. Just out of curiosity, I looked up turquoise; it was amazingly accurate.

That would be so fascinating, watching people choose gemstones, knowing about the phenomena of energy calling people like that.

Re: Gemstone Healing - 12/28/08 04:21 AM

Meredith..no wonder your jewelry is so popular and so well liked...I will get a piece when I get some of my debt paid off...darned start up expenses anyway (grin).

I know what you mean about being attracted to what you need. While in Sedona on my honeymoon, I was drawn to a gem shop and simply adored the proprietor. She walked up to a case and said "I think this is for you". When I reached for it, I got a bolt of energy and knew it to be mine immediately!
Posted by: chickadee

Re: Gemstone Healing - 12/28/08 12:14 PM

Mama, I have some beautiful earrings and bracelets that are pink ribbon. Do you still do those Meredith?

Re: Gemstone Healing - 12/28/08 01:26 PM

Way kewl...sound gorgeous Chick!
Posted by: celtic_flame

Re: Gemstone Healing - 12/29/08 12:19 AM

you also chose well tooo merideath.

you surprised myself and P with a pice and at that time it fitten with us the stines and the little silver pice in it too. Don't know if you rembered making it but i thought it appropriate and accurite.

Re: Gemstone Healing - 12/29/08 12:24 AM

wisdome and LIFE.

one of first stones i was ever drawen too was of an opel, it was my mums but what i saw was its coulers reflected on the car roof (from inside) i was amased, you know those little periods of wonder. Anyway i asked what was making that couler on the inside of the car and she told me her opel and dimond ring, then promised me it for my 18th, she keept her promise and today opel and moonstone my two favourite gems, i have others too lol smile

iv done healing and christal lay outs and candles for spacific purpises, iv been told afterwards from the people i was focusing on that they knew and it helped with the circumstanse.

isen't it a fasinating area!
I just wqanna encourage and support you on looking into this for yourself, if you have anything incitfull or personal you wanna share on this then id love to hear about it, if you would't mind.

Re: Gemstone Healing - 12/29/08 01:10 AM

That would be great Celtic. I don't know why I haven't noticed this before. Too much distraction and too much hearing from some churches how evil this was*. Hello?... Who created the stones to begin with? I think this makes God even more awesome!

Isn't it fascinating Eagle? These stones have magnetic vibrational frequencies and they effect your aura and cleanse and energize your body. In fact, the first time I held one, I felt like a slight pulse coming from the stone. Then I realized, that's the vibrations! Cool!

I think we are blessed to have you here Meredith, not only are your designs exquisit, the designs are from your heart, I can tell by looking at them. Plus the stones! We are lucky!

*Not all churches I have gone to had that kind of attitude, I really want to make that clear.

Cheers,
Cathi

Re: Gemstone Healing - 12/29/08 01:49 AM

BTW Celtic, I too was so fascinated by the opal when I was a young girl. I remember how neat it was to see the tiny sparklies in them and how the color would slightly change when shifting it around a bit.

Another thing, I have an 8 year old cousin who loves stones. She wrapped some so lovingly in some beautiful material and gave it to my dad so he could get better. Her and her younger sister love my dad, their Uncle Jimmy, so much. Another bit of synchronicity there with my family.

Cheers,
Cathi
Posted by: Sandpiper

Re: Gemstone Healing - 12/29/08 05:02 PM

I really didn't know that gemstones could do so much. How very intriguing and interesting. I think I'm going to do some research on them also. I have always felt we were connected to the earth and skies so this just fits right in.

Thanks for posting all of you.

Re: Gemstone Healing - 12/30/08 03:03 AM

Chickadee, yes, the pink ribbon items are still here:
http://members.tripod.com/meredithbead-ivil/id20.html

Sorry I haven't been answering in a timely manner. Third day of migraine and it's hard to think.

Celtic, I chose that necklace for your wedding because it jumped out at me from all my pieces. It just seemed to be the right one. Yes, of course I remember it!

Cathi, thanks so much for your kind words. I went to the website you recommended. I was surprised to see lapis recommended for migraines, as I haven't read that anywhere before. Not in any of my books. But I decided to make several lapis earrings, just in case. Alas and alack, the only cure for migraines is decapitation, too messy for my current state of mind.

Re: Gemstone Healing - 12/30/08 03:59 AM

Sandpiper, I believe we are connected to the earth too. Even in the Bible this is mentioned. We are all organic material when it comes down to it after all.

Meredith, I am so sorry you have had to suffer from this migraine. Myself, it is the only pain I cannot tolerate. But decapitation is a bit much, LOL! I never knew that about the lapis either. What a great idea, I want to order a pair when you are done.

In Greece when I was growing up, I use to collect rocks because they were so beautiful when the water at the beach would wash them. I never realized how drawn I was to them all these years. I have some rocks from the Island of Patmos. There is this one beach with the waves and it is not a sandy beach, it is full of rocks. These rocks are unique and I did take some. They are in a candle scape I have in my house.

Hope you feel better Meredith!

Cheers,
Cathi

Re: Gemstone Healing - 01/04/09 04:11 AM

Yippee, I received my order today Meredith.

The timing was right because my day started off in a depressing note big time.

I don't know if this is mind over matter or what, after I put the bracelets on, I started feeling better. Hematite is the one that is suppose to soak up the negative energy from you.

I am like a kid with a new toy now!

Re: Gemstone Healing - 01/04/09 04:53 AM

i have loved rocks my entire life.

on new year's day, i went into a village with the intention of buying a new stone of some kind. i thought a crystal. i ended up getting a moonstone ring. it is beautiful. i was drawn to it, and read the metaphysical properties in the store (they had a reference book) and was even more convinced i needed the stone. it has worked very well for me. i love it.

it cost the same amount a therapy session would have cost.

Re: Gemstone Healing - 01/04/09 07:09 AM

Cathi, glad to hear my babies arrived safely and are doing their job! Yes, everything I make is my extended family, in a metaphysical kind of way LOL.

Seek, nice story about your moonstone.

I had a creative day Friday, in spite of myself. I was supposed to be cleaning my room but there were beads on my desk... Well, I dusted the windowsill.

Working with gems always makes me happy.

Re: Gemstone Healing - 01/07/09 02:14 AM

Well I think your babies had much to do with my blood pressure getting lower than usual. Which is good! I went to the doctor to follow up on the Adenopathy, and my pressure was good. The lump was gone too. I think it was the side effect from the flu shot.

Anyway Meredith, I am so glad you are making the jewelry and you are in tune with the energy they bring forth. I know this has much to do with everything.

Seek, I have always loved rocks and when I am in Greece I will go to the beaches with the rocks. Because of the water washing over them, you can see the beautiful colors. I have collected them and brought them home. In fact, I remember one time I had the rocks in my suitcase and when Richard tried to help me with my suitcase he said, "What do you have in here...rocks?" Then I replied to him, "As a matter of fact, I do!" LOL

Cheers,
Cathi

Re: Gemstone Healing - 01/07/09 03:50 AM

that's hilarious!
Posted by: chickadee

Re: Gemstone Healing - 01/07/09 11:13 AM

Too funny Cathi...Meredith where do you find time to dust a windowsill?

Re: Gemstone Healing - 01/07/09 02:26 PM

Windowsills need to be dusted? How often?! Things my mother never taught me!!! confused
Posted by: Dancing Dolphin

Re: Gemstone Healing - 01/07/09 02:29 PM

Re windowsills - - it probably depends on where you live. If I don't dust mine, the cobwebs and spiders would make my house look like Halloween!

Re: Gemstone Healing - 01/07/09 03:51 PM

depends on if the nabours see or anyone visiting will be in the room thats my considerasion when dusting a windowsill lol.

wisdom
How did ya explain the rocks to customs? lol.

Re: Gemstone Healing - 01/07/09 04:49 PM

All of this about the windowsill reminded me of my 2-year-old grandson...he found my duster when he was here on New Year's Day and went around dusting everything in sight...my house never looked so clean! Guess it's almost time to invite them over again? LOL.

Cathi, we picked up some small shells and stones while strolling along the Mediterranean in Costa del Sol (Spain) at dawn one morning in October. Our travel day from Morocco the day before had been gruelling and it was such a delight to relax and breathe in the morning air. The shells were special momentos of that morning.

But at the airport in Madrid, we were over our luggage allowance and had to throw stuff away. I'm afraid the broken umbrellas and beach stones were the first to go.

I like your idea of a candle scape...it sounds very soothing, I would think the memories those rocks invoke would be instrumental in taking you to a "happy place". I wonder if they're like conch shells, if they hold the spirit/essence of the place where you found them.

Re: Gemstone Healing - 01/07/09 09:23 PM

I laughed at everyone's rock-and-shell stories. Been there, shlepped that.

In defense of my sanity, I would like to inform all assembled that I dust 3 times a year whether it needs it or not.
1. Kathy's spiders were tired of snow so they're wintering at my house. And summering. Guests that won't leave.
2. When the dust hits critical mass, I start sneezing, which just blows the dust somewhere else in my sneezing vicinity. Plus I get occasional customers in my house, and I hate it when they sneeze too. Bad for business, because everyone thinks they just caught a disease.

Where were we?

Re: Gemstone Healing - 01/07/09 10:52 PM

Originally Posted By: meredithbead
When the dust hits critical mass, I start sneezing, which just blows the dust somewhere else in my sneezing vicinity. Plus I get occasional customers in my house, and I hate it when they sneeze too.

My dust settles on the piano cover. No matter how often I dust it, there's always another coating within hours. I don't have a problem with people sneezing in my house, I have a problem with people drawing pictures in the dust on my piano cover.

Is there a gemstone that draws dust from the air? (Ahem, my feeble attempt to get back on-topic...)

Re: Gemstone Healing - 01/08/09 08:17 AM

EagleHeart, if there was (or a stone for housecleaning HAHA) it would be more expensive than diamonds because no one would ever part with theirs.

Re: Gemstone Healing - 01/08/09 01:23 PM

Oh I'm so glad to hear this...my mom was one of those "clean on Saturday, wash on Monday, iron on Tuesday" women and I think, just to spite her (grin), I ignore all of it until it rises up and even the dust bunnies and dust mites can't stand each other any more!

I love when the house is cleaned and apparently it is no priority because I would rather stare at a wall than clean!

Maybe there is a gemstone that draws the cleaning fairies to my house? That would another worth more than diamonds, eh Meredith?

Re: Gemstone Healing - 01/10/09 02:31 PM

Well, when we find it, we have to make sure to patent it!

I like the idea of fairies! Hmmm, maybe it's a matter of grinding the stone and making it into fairy dust so they will come!

Eagle, I have sea shells I collected as well. Something about stones have always intriqued me since I was a little girl. Now I know why I was drawn to them.

Cheers,
Cathi

Re: Gemstone Healing - 01/11/09 03:33 PM

thats funnie wisdome, to grind into fairie dust so they arrive

can i have two sacks full plz smile

i do mind doing it when theirs something more intresting to do but i hate the house being too messie so that i am embarised if frends drop around. frown

Re: Gemstone Healing - 01/12/09 09:45 AM

My room is now completely clean. shocked shocked shocked This coming week, I tackle the rapidly breeding paperwork pile downstairs.

I've looked in the indexes of my crystal books and nothing mentions housecleaning. frown However, new stones are being discovered all the time. I have no idea how they are actually "discovered" because its the same planet with the same stones we've had for ages, but if they come up with the housecleaning stone -- I'm buying it all, and you gals will have to be really nice to me if you want any. So there! cool
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Gemstone Healing - 01/12/09 11:39 PM

Yes your Highness, Queen of all stones
(Chatty says falling to her knees in front of Meredith, looking around to make sure JJ doesn't see her)
I will do anything for some stones to clean my house. ANYTHING!!!!!

I would also like a stone I can speak into and have it type my manuscripts for me perfectly, sigh!

Re: Gemstone Healing - 01/13/09 12:58 AM

can i have some get to bed earlie genstones lol

Re: Gemstone Healing - 01/13/09 01:00 AM

no seriouslie anyone know this.
I was watching a jewlarie show on tv and came across amythist, but not pirpile but gree, extremlie reare green amythist.

will the healing propertise change due to the change in couler, before half hour ago i din't know you could get annything but purpile amythist?#

Re: Gemstone Healing - 01/14/09 08:02 AM

Chatty, have you tried Voice Recognition Software? The are several types out there and do exactly that -- you speak and the software types into your computer.

Celtic, the different colors are based on the mineral inclusions. However, I looked in my 3 reference books at home and found no mention of green amethyst. That doesn't mean it can't exist, but I didn't find it. There is ametrine, an amethyst/citrine mix. Healing properties would change somewhat due to color.

Re: Gemstone Healing - 01/14/09 01:21 PM

Hi all

I found this online...
http://ezinearticles.com/?Green-Amethyst--The-Money-Colored-Gold&id=790096

And Chatty...I think that is called an "assistant" grin...or are there still any folks who can dictation...am I showing my age now?
Posted by: jabber

Re: Gemstone Healing - 01/14/09 02:07 PM

Mama Red,
I glanced at that link about green Amethyst. I read where Amethyst is a Greek word, which means "not intoxicated."
Well, I know folks born in Feb. and they consumed most of the
world's alcohol for over 50 years. So that made me wonder.

Divine, Chatty, Celtic and Wisdom,
If they had a stone that would cook, clean, wash 'n iron,
I keep a healthy supply in stock. And if one is discovered
somewhere let me know, Divine. Will you please?

Re: Gemstone Healing - 01/14/09 02:33 PM

Hi all

I found this online...
http://ezinearticles.com/?Green-Amethyst--The-Money-Colored-Gold&id=790096

And Chatty...I think that is called an "assistant" grin...or are there still any folks who can dictation...am I showing my age now?
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Gemstone Healing - 01/14/09 04:56 PM

Would you believe I can still take dictation, or do shorthand? It came in real handy when I was in college, too.

Re: Gemstone Healing - 01/14/09 10:19 PM

Mama Red, thanks for the link. There were 2 terms that stood out in the first paragraph: rare; and artificially heat-treated. Since amethyst is not found naturally in green form, then the rarity must be due to this being a relatively new procedure for amethyst, and as soon as others start doing this, it will be less rare.

Stones, especially carnelian, have been sold in heat-treated form for years. I haven't yet seen green amethyst at any of the gems shows I attend, but suspect it will become more available soon.

For those of you who are domestically inclined (and by reading the comments here, I suspect it's a very short list) -- don't bother heating your stones in the microwave. In my ongoing commitment to public service and knowledge -- I've already tried this on a bunch of different stones and it doesn't work. FYI.

If I ever find any housecleaning type stones, you gals will be the first to know. laugh

Re: Gemstone Healing - 01/15/09 03:57 AM

Hi Meredith

Thanks for putting your eagle eye to the task...that term slid right by me (although I remembered what it meant *after* you brought it up...oh, is that a butterfly I see...that NSOS is back with vengeance!).

The microwave won't cut it, eh? Blast, foiled again!

And do keep me on the list for those stones, willya?

Here's to watching the dustbunnies play in the sunbeams (if we ever have any here in ChiTown).

Re: Gemstone Healing - 01/15/09 03:58 AM

So can you keep up with me? Whoo Hoo...that is too kewl. I never learned, although I bet it was a real lifesaver. My mom "forced" my two brothers to learn typing...by bribing them with the line "you'll be the only guys in the class".

Later, they thanked her bunches 'cuz they saved a bundle when it came time to type term papers!

Re: Gemstone Healing - 01/15/09 10:38 AM

lol are you having a typing race mamma red? lol

Re: Gemstone Healing - 01/15/09 12:54 PM

Hey Celtic!

Usually, yes, I am. I learned to type oodles of years ago and used to type about 90 words a minute. Have no clue what the speed is now. The challenge is it doesn't keep up with how fast I talk! I've thought about getting Dragon Naturally Speaking because it would allow me to do what I do naturally, talk, a lot (grin). Haven't done so and, for the life of me, tell you why. Hum...thinking, thinking, oh wait there is another butterly, drat that NSOS (Next Shiny Object Syndrome) anyway. Giggle.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Gemstone Healing - 01/15/09 06:21 PM

Mama, you're a hoot. I'm a talker to so I can relate.

Re: Gemstone Healing - 01/15/09 11:23 PM

(Next Shiny Object Syndrome).....you sound like your on top form mamma r good to see you giggling again. smile

Re: Gemstone Healing - 01/16/09 09:01 PM

Thanks a bunch! Glad I brought a smile your face and Dotsie's...

I've been away from the forum lately...been working on stuff for the coaching biz! And although its fun, I miss ya'll.