More Scottish talent

Posted by: Mountain Ash

More Scottish talent - 02/10/08 12:46 PM

Ready ladies for another musician?

This time its actually some one I know.He is local and I am there singing on one recording in the backgroup(All the audience join in but my family say they hear me.) He has a good gig list here.Also he travells to the US regularly.
He has samples on this site..look him up.

www.brucedavies.com
Posted by: Anno

Re: More Scottish talent - 02/10/08 04:38 PM

I have heard of this one! Thanks, MA
Posted by: celtic_flame

Re: More Scottish talent - 02/10/08 05:42 PM

thanks mountain, got anymore to cheek out.

can you name the song your singing in and the bit...or would we have to know your voice to pick you out?

Re: More Scottish talent - 02/10/08 06:17 PM

Not on the list he has posted.I have many of Bruce's CDs mostly Scottish..
he sings about the Fife Fighters on 9/11 as his gigs if requests

I will be at a concert soon..for a scheme we have to have a Christian youth worker locally placed in schools.
MA
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: More Scottish talent - 02/10/08 06:39 PM

MA, did it just so happen that you are in the background, or were you intentionally planted? Do you like to sing? We have a few choirs at our church, non of which I am in. I can't carry a tune in a bucket.

Re: More Scottish talent - 02/10/08 06:45 PM

Anno
may I ask where you heard of Bruce..he would be interested.
Dotsie
we all know each other from his Beggars Mantle days.I was at his first solo and no I was not planted.
MA
Beggars Mantle was a duo he was in.Beggars Mantle
is an old nick name for Fife..where we live.It is said
that our county is Beggars Mantle fringed with Gold..The gold being the rich fishing villages.Alas less fishing these days.
Posted by: dancer9

Re: More Scottish talent - 02/10/08 06:55 PM

I listened to this man, Mountain Ash, and he is a "troubadour as he is billed.
So many "musicians," in this country, and in England as well, are "made musicians" by someone elses words, dance steps and music. It's sad to many of us who have been making out OWN for ourselves for so long.

This is a man who plays his intrument, writes his lyrics and does his whole act for himself. He can go anywhere, as in the old days and make music, tell tales, and hold his audience himself. THIS is an accomplishment in these days of Made Music and Musicians! It's nice to hear and to see someone who is made of himself and says what he choses to say instead of what his promoter choses for him!

I enjoyed the trip down memory lane when singer/songwriters were interesting, Mountain Ash!

dancer9

Re: More Scottish talent - 02/10/08 08:12 PM

On many recordings and at gigs it is local instrument teachers who are with him.People who I would work along side.in local schools.
You should hear his Old Man River.
MA