And then I fell down the stairs

Posted by: Anno

And then I fell down the stairs - 03/04/07 06:49 PM

I woke up today and found that all the shoveling and cold, wet weather had left my arthritic left knee in real pain. I limped around the house dragging my left leg rather than bending it. Up and down the stairs yelling "ow, ow, ow", as if it would help the pain, getting my darn washing and cleaning done.

I went outside to breath in some fresh air and my slippers got a bit wet from the melting snow. When I came in and headed down the steps to the washer and dryer, I slipped in my wet slippers and slid on my behind all the way to the bottom.

Boy, Now I have a sore knee, rear end and arm from trying to stop the inevitable slide down the steps.

Waa Waa Waa
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: And then I fell down the stairs - 03/04/07 06:51 PM

Oh gosh, bless your heart honey! Fix yourself a nice cup of whiskey and honey and call it a day. Mercury is retrograde and the whole world is upside down!

Re: And then I fell down the stairs - 03/04/07 07:04 PM

That is what I heard! Seems I was just following the planets - being all upside down.
Posted by: Edelweiss

Re: And then I fell down the stairs - 03/04/07 07:33 PM

Anno...Oh my, shoveling is the worst for your knee! Isn't there any young boy from the neighborhood that could do that for you? Yes, take it easy and eat lots of chocolates with that whisky!
Where's that song "Catch a falling Star" when you need it?!

Re: And then I fell down the stairs - 03/04/07 08:39 PM

Oh, a boy for the shoveling. I think I will put an ad in Craigs List. Tall, muscular, speaks with a slight accent, bends over when shovels. Hmmmmm. I will ask D tonight if we can afford the stud, oh, ah, er, I mean shoveling service.

Re: And then I fell down the stairs - 03/04/07 08:49 PM

Ha ha hoo hoo......and he wears nothing but big snow boots and a mitten... in a stratigic place.

Can I have a truffel?

Re: And then I fell down the stairs - 03/04/07 08:51 PM

Help yourself! Oh, not to the great looking boy with the mitten, but to a truffle!

Seems today it is my turn to follow you around the posts!

Re: And then I fell down the stairs - 03/04/07 09:01 PM

You can follow me anywhere Anno...as long as you don't fall on your but.
Posted by: Poppie

Re: And then I fell down the stairs - 03/04/07 09:16 PM

He,He...wait till I tell your grandson this news !!

Popea

Re: And then I fell down the stairs - 03/04/07 09:21 PM

Say it with a big smile, please. That bruise on my butt is already showing!
Posted by: Dianne

Re: And then I fell down the stairs - 03/04/07 11:08 PM

I know it's not funny but I'm laughing at the picture in my mind. It sounds painful. Pamper yourself.
Posted by: celtic_flame

Re: And then I fell down the stairs - 03/04/07 11:21 PM

i know it not funnie but i am laughing too....sorrie i realie am.
Got the photos my goodness what a lot of snow, their is inces of it ontop of that post i never seen so much of it.

if you drink whiskey try a "whiskey mac"....whiskie, cloves (straine them they aint nice stuck in your teeth) honey and greens ginger wine, heated gently till warm (not too hot or you lose the alcohole hehehe)
oh i almost want one too......HL chocolates please lolol that do instead.

celtic

Re: And then I fell down the stairs - 03/04/07 11:49 PM

Posted by: Anonymous

Re: And then I fell down the stairs - 03/05/07 12:09 AM

Maybe you need a butt pillow!

Re: And then I fell down the stairs - 03/05/07 12:27 AM

Unfortunately, it is funny. It wasn't for a minute or two, but thanks, all for sharing in a laugh on me.

Remember the old ads on tv for Charmin, where the kids put toilet paper on their butts when they know they are going to get a spanking? Now, that's a great idea! But, my butt is big enough already.

Re: And then I fell down the stairs - 03/05/07 12:27 AM

Re: And then I fell down the stairs - 03/05/07 11:24 AM

Oh, JJ, you are reallllllly enjoying this, aren't you? LOL

I woke up this morning in even more pain. Now my wrist is throbbing from where I tried to catch myself and I have a huge knot on my butt. The bruise almost covers one whole cheek. And then there is the arthritic knee.

Sheese - ain't getting older so much fun!
Posted by: Eagle Heart

Re: And then I fell down the stairs - 03/05/07 01:55 PM

Oooh, Anno, I'm aching with you just at the thought!!! I think that calls for an R&R day, don't you? Will you be able to take it easy? Or may a nice soothing warm bath? Or a nice massage from your shovel-boy, er, well, someone with good strong hands?

Anyway, I'm so sorry for your pain. Put some ice on your wrist (a bag of frozen peas or corn works well), and try to rest up that bruised cheek of yours...I'll be thinking of you all day and hoping that that you're feeling better very soon.
Posted by: Dianne

Re: And then I fell down the stairs - 03/05/07 02:34 PM

Maybe you should go see your doctor. That's a bad bruise. How can you even sit?

Re: And then I fell down the stairs - 03/05/07 07:20 PM

Quote:

I woke up this morning in even more pain. The bruise almost covers one whole cheek.

thats sounds reallie reallie bad, i din't think it was as bad you poor wee pet....big cushion for you to sit on at comp...with extra chocolates and mug of hot chocolate.

celtic
Posted by: Jane_Carroll

Re: And then I fell down the stairs - 03/05/07 09:06 PM

Anno...

Sorry...that was a bum deal...he he he!

Re: And then I fell down the stairs - 03/05/07 09:34 PM

Yes, Jane, a bum deal! tee hee

No doctors for me - what would they do but tell me I have a big fat a**! Ha!

It is amazing, the bruise is getting bigger. D wanted to look at it this morning and then again when I came home from work. Took a look in the mirror and horror of horrors, the butt and the bruise had both grown.

The knees are better today, tho. Always looking for that little piece of gratitude.

Hey, JJ, where are you? I need some more needling!
Posted by: Q_ball

Re: And then I fell down the stairs - 03/05/07 10:57 PM

Anno,
Don't know if laughing or crying is in order here, so I did a bit of both. Do watch that hind-end bruise, MIl fell once and turned out she had cracked her tail bone. Either way it's a great excuse to papmer YOU.

Re: And then I fell down the stairs - 03/06/07 12:08 AM

Oh, my bruised butt is far away from the tail bone. Tonite I get a warm massage from the older man - not the boy. D said no to the muscular boy. Wonder why?
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: And then I fell down the stairs - 03/06/07 02:31 AM

Anno, no need to go to the doctor. I've never seen a butt cast. Have you?

Re: And then I fell down the stairs - 03/06/07 07:03 AM

I say eat some truffles. They cure anything, am I right? And...............stay off the stairs, k?

Re: And then I fell down the stairs - 03/06/07 12:54 PM

Swelling is down a bit, bruise getting bigger!

Truffles and wine. Now there is a diet I could live with for a lifetime.

The butt cast has me cracking up!
Posted by: Eagle Heart

Re: And then I fell down the stairs - 03/06/07 01:36 PM

Quote:

The butt cast has me cracking up!

No pun intended, right Anno???
Posted by: chickadee

Re: And then I fell down the stairs - 03/06/07 01:47 PM

Anno,glad you are feeling a touch better today. Are you using anything to help the swelling, i.e, ice, heat?
Bless your Heart...

chick

Re: And then I fell down the stairs - 03/06/07 01:59 PM

Bless your butt...

Re: And then I fell down the stairs - 03/06/07 03:47 PM

Hey, yes, pun intended!

No, I am using this forum to whine a bit as my medication, and a bit of sports cream to add a bit of heat.

I am enjoying all this humor at the expanse . . I mean expense, of my little, and now a bit lumpy, tushy.
Posted by: Q_ball

Re: And then I fell down the stairs - 03/06/07 05:29 PM

A BUTT CAST?! Hummm wouldn't that be something? And when it was removed, you could bronze it for a most unusual sculpture & use it for ART in the bath. LOL or front lawn to moon pesky D-to-D sales people & unvited guests. It's so wonderful you are blessed with the grace and charm to laugh about it.
Q-ball
Posted by: Jane_Carroll

Re: And then I fell down the stairs - 03/06/07 08:48 PM

Anno...sorry we've made you the butt of our jokes... Glad you're feeling better!

Re: And then I fell down the stairs - 03/06/07 09:24 PM

Oh Anneā€¦It's bitter to bully a bumped butt.
As Chatty once said:
"Butter my butt, and call me a bun."

Re: And then I fell down the stairs - 03/06/07 10:26 PM

There once was a girl name Anno
She fell in the air like a plane-O!
She went bumpity bump
Landed right on her rump
And now she's learn to complain-O

Thank you...thank you...I do backyard parties and BBQ's. Have your people call my people.

Re: And then I fell down the stairs - 03/07/07 12:09 AM

Oh, I love all this laughter! Great poem, Queenie. Are you pushing for the Hannelore poetry contest reward? I will call my agent and have her call your agent.

I have been the butt of all of this humor and I am honored, BUTT of course!

I will BUTTer my BUTT and call myself a BUN!

And I will remove my cast, and I am sorry, but a bronze butt? I think not - I am surely worth a golden GLOBES!

Love ya all

Re: And then I fell down the stairs - 03/07/07 01:12 AM

i am sorrie you got hurt ....but i love the wit in this thread.

i am so tempted to add another butt storie to this....so you can do more messing hehehhe but i can't its po storie and her missfortunie.

ohhhh i give up , sorrie i am weak....so pssst don't tell her i told you ....ok so you are all sworne to secricie ok.

she was straightening her hair with straighting irons, as you do, she put them on the bed, as some people do....then she sat on them. yep she had to get it dressed by the nurse, who brought all the other nurses in to see it (the burn not her bum/butt, they all laughed)She got a perment scare that looks like a duck bill or a sideways V about 4 inces long....don't say i told ya ok.

so anno brusies are bad but it wont be perment.

How are you managing in the car and at the office? Do you have a piles cushion you know those blow up doughnut thingies lol

celtic

Re: And then I fell down the stairs - 03/07/07 01:15 AM

oh bother i am in trouble aint I i gonna get killed now

anno edit me will ya, or gag me whatever works. I know sighn hannilore name to that last post, po will think she must of told her sometime (memorie) and i will be off the hook

a now good as gold celtic

Re: And then I fell down the stairs - 03/07/07 01:18 AM

Hannelore, how dare you spill the burnt buns and then blame it on celtic!

Re: And then I fell down the stairs - 03/07/07 08:34 AM

Ha! It's all in the eyes of the viewer. Po told me it looks like Celtic's nose, when it grows from her little white lies. tee hee.

Re: And then I fell down the stairs - 03/07/07 10:32 PM

heheheheh all in the eyes of the viewer.....you had me worried...
I thought she took a photo and posted it, no not of my nose her bum hmmmm (i might )

good one with the spilt burnt beans....

have you posted your bruze yet anno hehehe

celtic, who is back to not being as good as gold again

Re: And then I fell down the stairs - 03/08/07 10:25 AM

hehehe the spilt burnt BUTTer beans.....just assoming you have butterbeans in the usa and germany of course (HL)

so how you now grannie annie, and the bruze now...

Did that po woman post you about the recived books,(yesterday i think)....the thank you from l lol.....and then the "help me grannie annie" fly wee bisum that he is....she said she was going to but she been demented oppssss i meen destracted, aheeemm .....

celtic
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: And then I fell down the stairs - 03/09/07 08:19 AM

It sounds funny but can be a real hurtful situation. I hope you are on the mend my dear friend. Having a bad knee is awful enough, but to add to that a sore butt and arm, why thats just obnoxious...
Posted by: Laurel

Re: And then I fell down the stairs - 03/09/07 04:16 PM

Anno, I hope your heinie is on the mend. No fun hurtin' on your sittin' down place.

I've done some pretty clutzy things in my day. Several years ago when I was young and dumn and fashion took precedence over sensibility, I had a pair of thongs ( the sandal kind) that were slippery on the bottom. I slid down our stairs (only four steps) two times. The second time my husband came in behind me and instead of helping me up he took my sandals off and threw them in the trash. Looking back he was the smarter of the two of us.

Laurel