Spray Bottles

Posted by: dejavu

Spray Bottles - 12/15/06 02:19 PM

Have any of you noticed lately how many times spray bottles just don't work? You turn the little do-hickey so that it says "On" or "Spray" or "Stream", you pump it once and get spray or stream, but then it STICKS, and you can't pump it again. Or you have to wait until it decides it wants to work before you can pump it again. Or it decides it doesn't want to work at all, wants to take a day off, and refuses to work any further. Or all the liquid pools up in the neck of the sprayer and leaks out under the cap, making your fingers sticky.

WHY WHY WHY??!!

I was just using (or TRYING to use) some spray cleaner on my carpet and go the drip method instead. But I've noticed this with other spray bottles too (not the aerosol kind, but like a Windex bottle). Is it just ME? Do they HATE ME? Or are the manufacturers of these bottles getting SLACK and allowing USELESS PLASTIC OBJECTS to leave their factories?

It makes me wonder. Don't any of their employees use these products? Don't THEY notice the bottles don't work? Have they spoken up only to be subjected to a code of silence not seen since the dark days of Cher and nuclear facilities in "Silkwood"??

We can send the space shuttle out into the stratosphere, but we can't make get spray out of our Oxy Carpet Cleaner bottles. Oh, the humanity.
Posted by: Dancing Dolphin

Re: Spray Bottles - 12/15/06 02:42 PM

I feel the same way about "easy open packages". I always wonder if they even tested those doggone things at the factory! Especially the ones that are easy open, and resealable - those are the worst!

Kathy
Posted by: Dianne

Re: Spray Bottles - 12/15/06 03:05 PM

I got nuts trying to get all the security tape off of DVD's.
Posted by: celtic_flame

Re: Spray Bottles - 12/15/06 07:19 PM

do you go shoplifting......dianne why you getting the security tags off of dvd's?

over heer security tags or tape stops you leaving the shop without the alarms going off, becouse you didn't pay...
the shop assistant does it for you.....

gotta be one of those cultriale thingyies eh!

celtic_flame

Re: Spray Bottles - 12/15/06 07:20 PM

duhhhbb

theirs no way you could run in those high heels anyway eh! lol

celtic_flame

Re: Spray Bottles - 12/15/06 08:42 PM

That's very true! Here, they wrap them in cellophane and then, you have to use a knife or nail file to cut through the security tape that holds the case together. A major pain!
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Spray Bottles - 12/15/06 10:31 PM

Hah, you should see how I the TAPE Queen, wraps packages being mailed. Takes three codes, at least one sharp instrument, a hefty helper and a barrel of patience to get inside. Right Kathy!!!
Posted by: Saundra

Re: Spray Bottles - 12/15/06 11:10 PM

Those spray bottles only work right when I'm looking at the sprayer and try it and get it in my face or on my neck! The Canon ink cartridges are packaged so well to ensure against theft I need a knife and scissors to open them.
Posted by: Anno

Re: Spray Bottles - 12/15/06 11:13 PM

Okay, I was reading this and a MOUSE ran through my house! How about the frustration of mouse traps all over the house that don't work? I know this is not really on topic, but I have stepped in the sticky traps, caught my toes in the slap trap, but somehow this smart mouse knows how to avoid them. Anything out there, short of a bomb, that works for these wintering mice?
Posted by: Poppie

Re: Spray Bottles - 12/15/06 11:26 PM

hi anno,

not cheese but chocolate it works a treat, on the traps.
they are fond of their sweeties especially choc or toffee

Popea

Re: Spray Bottles - 12/15/06 11:31 PM

We had mice in a bottom drawer, under the oven. The hub, being a type A personality, put five traps all in a row. It looked like a military formation. Maybe you should try the trap instead of the sticky stuff.
Posted by: dejavu

Re: Spray Bottles - 12/16/06 03:22 AM

Back to the resealable packages - OY! I think whoever designs them should be required to open five in a row, every morning before they have their coffee.
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: Spray Bottles - 12/16/06 07:56 AM

As far as the spray bottles -- I bought a gallon of insecticide to go around the entire house and in the garage, because there's a ... bug... problem. You had to pump the spray for 3 minutes, then it would drizzle a little spritz, and then you had to pump another 3 minutes etc. It took 1/2 hour to spray around the house, and I thought my wrist would break off.

Now the tamper-proof packaging -- my migraine meds are double-packed. You have to peel off an outer layer and then puncture an inner paper. Someone should tell the manufacturers that people with migraines are lucky to get the BOX of medication out of the bathroom cabinet without crying or breaking anything, never mind having to go through this chastity belt packaging. "Peel here" and "push here" are WAY too complicated when you're in the final stages of brain death. I've wasted a few $15 pills because I couldn't negotiate the layers. Migraine meds should come in a big box that closes with a rubber band, if that.

Re: Spray Bottles - 12/16/06 12:23 PM

Thanks for the mouse advice - chocolate and traps that break necks - oh, it sounds so wicked.

I have been through the migrane medication myself. You could get a migrane just trying to relieve one.

Same for some of the nicotine products. I tried both the gums and the lozenges - I could have smoked 3 cigarettes by the time I got one of the alternatives out of the package. When you need your nicotine fix, you will get it one way or another.

And the spray bottles - you have all said so eloquently - but I will add this. As if simply doing house hold chores isn't bad enough, but we have to fight with the tools we use, too? Give me a break.

Re: Spray Bottles - 12/16/06 09:33 PM

Anno

am i hearing you wrong or no you sound delighted....

chocolate and traps that break necks - oh, it sounds so wicked.

you do know it's to be used JUST For the mouse, no hubbies or partners or children.....and not if they eat your chocolate either lol.....

or is it only me that has those thoughts....

smiles and gracfully backs out the room keeping BIG smile on face ....opps i said to much, chocolate a priority lol

cafine at this hour bahaa

celtic_flame

Re: Spray Bottles - 12/16/06 09:50 PM

Totally delighted, Celtic. Now to get the chocolate!

Re: Spray Bottles - 12/16/06 10:13 PM

yea i am alone dowenstars in the house with a big tin of quality street (was ment to be a pressie for someone) ate most of them, ok ok i had some help but i am scared anyone is counting lol

so chocolate and computer yeehaaaa
celtic_flame

Re: Spray Bottles - 12/16/06 10:50 PM

Meredith, I know what you mean. I would be half blind and was supposed to open that package? We should all write and complain to the companies that make and package them.

Chocolate and a computer. Doesn't get much better than that!
Posted by: diamond50

Re: Spray Bottles - 12/17/06 09:54 AM

And it's annoying when items are tightly packed in a super thick and stiff
bubblepack that even the world's strongest man would shy away from (hmmmmph!!!)
Cindy
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Spray Bottles - 12/18/06 03:25 PM

Either they don't open or they don't stay sealed once you have been able to open them...All pill containers for anyone over 50 should be 'easy open-easy close.' Hasn't anyone who makes those darn plastic bottles ever heard of arthritis? Nowadays it seems like just about everything is inferior.

Re: Spray Bottles - 12/19/06 01:03 AM

...and those styrofoam peanuts! Grrrrr.....