Oh dear...sigh

Posted by: Dianne

Oh dear...sigh - 11/29/06 01:44 PM

My doctor has suggested I get rid of all my pointed toe shoes/boots because of this toe problem. I have some that have never been worn! I think I'm going to be grieving over this for a while but it sure isn't worth it, trying to wear them. What's a girl to do?
Posted by: Edelweiss

Re: Oh dear...sigh - 11/29/06 01:53 PM

Dianne, you could turn the shoe over, use the heel as a handle and dig perfect holes for tulip bulbs.
ooooor
cut off the front and use them as a garden shovel
hmmmm
or hold the shoe by the toe and use the heel as a hammer for itsy bitsy nails.

You're just getting rid of them now? I couldn't wear heels like that for the past 10 years. Ouch!
Posted by: Daisygirl

Re: Oh dear...sigh - 11/29/06 01:56 PM

Oh, Dianne, how horrible! Couldn't your podiatrist do surgery on your feet so they would fit better in the pointy toe shoes?
Posted by: Eagle Heart

Re: Oh dear...sigh - 11/29/06 02:01 PM

There must be some way to recycle them decoratively, isn't there? Like maybe fill them with sparkly Christmas balls? Or beautiful draping silk flowers? That way, if you ever get around to being able to wear them again, they'll still be there for you.

Any granddaughters or nieces or little neighbours who could use them for dressup?

Re: Oh dear...sigh - 11/29/06 02:11 PM

You gals are too funny! Yes, I'll have a doctor make my toes pointed so I can wear the shoes. That sounds like a plan. Gardening tools. It would hurt me too much to watch them get dirty. If I made decorations from them, my husband would have me put away.

I'm going to ask the cleaning lady if she wants them. Hope she's the same foot size.

I'm on meds for that stupid gout. Gee, do you think I waited long enough to go to the doc?

Re: Oh dear...sigh - 11/29/06 02:27 PM

Ooooh, Dianne, I just had such a delicious thought. Just think, when your gout is healed and your feet are better suited for fashionable footwear again, just think how much fun you're going to have shopping for new shoes to go with your new feet?!! Now that's the stuff dreams are made of!

Re: Oh dear...sigh - 11/29/06 03:08 PM

Dianne have you thought of selling them over Ebay? I bet you could sell them there!
If you add, never worn...hey, maybe you'll be lucky.
Posted by: Jane_Carroll

Re: Oh dear...sigh - 11/29/06 03:16 PM

Dianne,

I feel your pain...I essentially gave up heels several years ago during a spell of vertigo...no fun falling off your shoes at work!

When my head quit spinning, my feet had gone on strike...they refuse to wear anything confining or with a heel anymore...

So when I created my character Bertha...she always is in high-heels...that's my way of living vicariously!

You might also donnate to a women's shelter if they don't fit the cleaning lady and you don't want to sell them.

And remember...gout is a King's condition...you must be special!!!!

Re: Oh dear...sigh - 11/29/06 04:23 PM

Oh yes, I feel VERY special having gout. Very.

I was thinking of the women at the shelter and will probably take them to the next support group, with tears in my eyes, of course. Not really. It's just that I don't buy cheap shoes (corns can result) so it's like throwing money away.

The hub says, "Good, now we'll have more room in the closet."
Posted by: TVC15

Re: Oh dear...sigh - 11/29/06 04:46 PM

More closet space is always a good thing!
But maybe you could use your favorites as planters?
Posted by: Bluebird

Re: Oh dear...sigh - 11/29/06 05:26 PM

I think the women at the shelter would LOVE having something pretty given to them - it will make them feel special again, after what they've been through.
They'll be like Cinderellas and you can be the Fairy Godmother.

Re: Oh dear...sigh - 11/29/06 07:29 PM

Yeah, the Fairy Godmother wearing UGGS.

I think the meds are working because the pain is going away. I have a pair of round toe boots I haven't been able to wear because of the pain so I have that to look forward to.

This is not a good thing to happen to The Queen of Shoes. But yes, Eagle...shopping for new styles will be fun but I'll have to leave the hub at home.

Re: Oh dear...sigh - 11/29/06 07:46 PM

And if you are in open-toed models...you can show off a nice pedicure!

And you're special...with or without gout!!!!!
Posted by: Lola

Re: Oh dear...sigh - 11/29/06 07:48 PM

Hi, Dianne: Or maybe, "if parting is such sweet sorrow" you can just keep some to use for when you simply just sit down and not walk in them. Just a thought.

Re: Oh dear...sigh - 11/29/06 09:32 PM

That would be me walking from the closet to the sofa and watching television.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Oh dear...sigh - 11/29/06 10:04 PM

Dianne and all, I am laughing out loud at this post. You all are nuts. I think you should put on some comfy shoes and hit the shoe stores. And if you can't wear pointy shoes, does that mean you can't wear dressy clothes? Well, you better add clothes shopping to the list. You'll need soem new clothes to go with your new shoes. Get busy girl...

Re: Oh dear...sigh - 11/29/06 10:48 PM

Dianne, I know this isn't all so hilarious for you, but I have to thank you, because I haven't laughed this well in weeks! I've been feeling so crappy lately, but this whole thread has had me almost falling off the chair from laughing so hard. That feels good. I'm sure that doesn't take away all of the pain of having to get rid of those shoes, but surely bringing laughter to a crappy-feeling sister is some kind of silver lining.

Re: Oh dear...sigh - 11/29/06 11:41 PM

I've been laughing too. Trust me, I have enough shoes that don't have pointed toes to keep me going for a long time. It is good to laugh, isn't it?
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Oh dear...sigh - 11/30/06 10:28 AM

Sell them on Ebay Dianne, at least you'll have something for your trouble and I doubt homeless shelter women would know what to do with, or have anything to wear with expensive, pointed toe shoes.

Re: Oh dear...sigh - 11/30/06 06:22 PM

These women aren't homeless. Most have jobs and go to church. For now, they are in the shelter for safety reasons or some are in transitional housing.

I gave a pair of boots (cry) to our property manager's daughter. Same shoe size and loves retro shoes. They were Michael Kors boots and I had only worn them two times. I'm not sure if my dress shoes would be for her. Too mature.

Re: Oh dear...sigh - 11/30/06 06:41 PM

You know what they say about 'clearing out' you make room for more...so just think of all the good things that will be coming into your life.

I recently took a lot of clothes to our local women's shelter. So many of these women have to leave with just the clothes on their backs...it made it easier to give up some of my favorite, nicer things that no longer fit...due to no fault of my own...I'm sure they shrank! LOL

Re: Oh dear...sigh - 11/30/06 10:28 PM

One of these days I'm going to go to my storage unit and get rid of a ton of clothes. It's too cold right now. I think it got up to 17 degrees today. Gads.

Re: Oh dear...sigh - 12/01/06 03:38 AM

Jane, my clothes seem to be shrinking too. Darn that dryer.

Anne, when I first started reading your post, I thought you were kidding. Wow, That's scary. Dianne, warning!

Re: Oh dear...sigh - 12/01/06 03:48 AM

Yikes! 17 degrees....we've got to get you to a warmer climate!

Dotsie,
Now that's a good argument to stop doing laundry!

Re: Oh dear...sigh - 12/01/06 12:17 PM

Yeh, hubby's been doing all the laundry lately and he HAS been shrinking all my stretchy jeans! So many of them had stopped fitting me that I was blaming myself for gaining so much weight. But then when I finally weighed myself, I've actually lost weight - and inches around the waist. So the pants SHOULD be fitting. Then I found out he's been putting them in the dryer, not hanging them to dry like I had mentioned to him. Grrrr. Three pairs no longer fit, I only have two left that do. It's irritating, but not enough to make me ask hubby to stop doing the laundry...LOL.

Re: Oh dear...sigh - 12/01/06 01:01 PM

Eagle,

That's bitter-sweet! Unfortunately, that's not my problem! No Hubby...just Tubby! LOL

Re: Oh dear...sigh - 12/01/06 01:23 PM

That's funny Jane. "No Hubby...just Tubby."

Re: Oh dear...sigh - 12/01/06 02:31 PM

Too funny, Jane!

I took that warning VERY seriously! Permanant damage is not an option for The Queen of Shoes! I was going through my shoes and I really don't have as many pointed toe shoes as I thought I did. Good news.

I told the hub he isn't allowed to do my laundry anymore. He puts my clothes in with towels and hot water. I appreciate that he was trying to help but he was ruining things.
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Oh dear...sigh - 12/01/06 02:43 PM

Well now....I've been away from the forums a few days and what do I find when I return? Dianne is shoeless and Eagle is nakked? What the heck are you broads doing?

Now the way I see it Dianne, how the heck are you going to kick Mr. Dianne if you don't have any more pointed-toe shoes?

And Eagle, get some clothes on hun....

The next time you all start giving away expensive clothes and shoes, (especially those made by people I can't pronounce), how's bout checking with da Queen first, k? I'm designer shoelss (sad, isn't it?) and clotheless (is that a word?).

The things I have to 'splain around this joint....

Re: Oh dear...sigh - 12/01/06 08:10 PM

JJ, I thought you meant Eagle had a new photo without any clothes on in the forums. I had to quick scroll up to check. Phew, you made me per-spire girl!

Re: Oh dear...sigh - 12/02/06 12:06 AM

She made YOU perspire??? She made ME almost wet myself! Even I had to scroll up and check. Yep, fully clothed. Whew. Close call...especially since my brother's lying on the couch a few feet away...that would have been rather awkward, not to mention COLD...it's -2 here, ladies! Not exactly nudie weather, with or without designer flip-flops (how do you think they'd look with wool socks?)

Re: Oh dear...sigh - 12/02/06 12:16 AM

Eagle,

I can see you blushing all the way to Alabama! Da Queen is definitely back!

Re: Oh dear...sigh - 12/02/06 02:13 AM

Dianne,

What a great picture! Makes me think of Bertha!

Re: Oh dear...sigh - 12/02/06 02:14 AM

Oh JJ, you don't even like to go shoe shopping so I'm supposed to send my shoes to you? Oh please. And, I'm sure you want shoes that have been worn. I mean, my foot disease is in remission so you probablay wouldn't catch anything!
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Oh dear...sigh - 12/02/06 08:22 AM

Gout is not catchy Dianne nor is it transferable. Once you have it, its all yours to keep...Bummer!
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Oh dear...sigh - 12/02/06 08:57 AM

But of course I want them broke in...hello? Course....I could get my princess-in-moating, Evie....to do it. Oh Evieeeeee....Evieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Mere hun....

Re: Oh dear...sigh - 12/02/06 12:48 PM

I've been wondering the same thing - where is Evie?

Re: Oh dear...sigh - 12/02/06 01:56 PM

Me and my round toed shoes are heading to AZ today and will return on Tuesday night. So, you gals stay out of trouble while I'm gone. Well, you can get into a little trouble but save the big stuff for when I return.

Jane, my shoes remind you of Bertha????
Posted by: celtic_flame

Re: Oh dear...sigh - 12/03/06 08:11 PM

What do you say to this thread.....your all barking but hysterically funny, lol

I did wonder several times why the photo was of your foot, ....you dont even wanna know what i concluded.

i never thought this area would be so funny

Celtic_flame