I HAVE A HEADACHE

Posted by: KAY B

I HAVE A HEADACHE - 01/17/06 01:46 AM

For the past week or so....there has been a dog barking constantly!!! [Mad]

I don't know which yard it's coming from--since we have a field between my yard & the next block.

I have a headache right now....even over the tv you can hear it....whenever I let Cookie outside now...she'll start barking! I try not to let her bark because my new neighbor works nights & I also have consideration for others!!!

Help!!! I'm almost out of tylenol!!!! [Mad]
Posted by: NHJackie

Re: I HAVE A HEADACHE - 01/17/06 02:07 AM

I sympathize, Kay. Years ago we had a neighbor who worked nights and left his dog out to bark while he was gone. Needless to say, he was not popular with the rest of us.

Is there an anti-noise ordinance where you live?
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: I HAVE A HEADACHE - 01/17/06 02:37 AM

Everywhere they have ordinances about excessive dog barking, call the animal control people and let them handle it.
Posted by: Daisygirl

Re: I HAVE A HEADACHE - 01/17/06 07:58 PM

I wonder if something could be wrong with the dog? If you know where it is, maybe you could call animal control and have them check it out. IMO the dog is distressed if it's barking so much and it's cruel for the owner to leave it out with no concern to it's well-being.

Daisygirl
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: I HAVE A HEADACHE - 01/18/06 08:35 AM

Daisy, I'm with you. Go find the dog. Perhaps it's trying to get someone's attention.
Posted by: ladybug

Re: I HAVE A HEADACHE - 01/17/06 10:40 PM

Around here if you call the police they will come right out to the offender's home immdediately to find out what's wrong. The offenders are then instructed to bring their dog indoors.
Posted by: Noreen Braman

Re: I HAVE A HEADACHE - 01/18/06 04:22 AM

ugh. We refer to the three dogs next door as the dogs from hell. Their owners let them outside at all hours of the day and night, and they just bark constantly. The worst part is they come right up to the fence and aim their barking at my kitchen window. They have taught my own dog how to bark back at them, and I can't have her outside if they are out. Recently I began erecting a stockade fence next to their chain link fence, because if their dogs even see you in the kitchen, they start. Neighbors all around complain to me - they want me to call and complain, but I have to live next door to these people. Sometimes, I think they do it on purpose.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: I HAVE A HEADACHE - 01/18/06 06:07 AM

So call in confidence or tell these noisy neighbors urging you to call to call themselves, don't they have phones? It is against the noise laws to allow any animal to bark after 9:00 PM so you have every right to call and complain....
Posted by: NHJackie

Re: I HAVE A HEADACHE - 01/18/06 06:20 AM

I don't know about other places, but our police will investigate an anonymous tip about this type of offense. And unless I'm misinformed, they don't have to tell the owner of the dog who the "complainant" was.

Did I really just say complainant??? It's been a long day!
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: I HAVE A HEADACHE - 01/18/06 01:35 PM

We used to have a similar situation here. There were two different houses with dogs that barked non-stop. Unfortunately, animal control and the police won't do anything if the owner isn't home, which is when the dogs barked. Big help they were.

Finally both families moved. Good riddance.

Noreen, what's worse: living next door to the incessantly barking "dogs from hell," or neighbors who won't speak to you? Personally, I'd opt for the silent treatment over the noise pollution. Less headache.

My next door neighbors on both sides each have two dogs, but they're responsible dog owners and would never let their dogs become a nuisance.