My washing machine is in the big junk yard in the sky!

Posted by: KAY B

My washing machine is in the big junk yard in the sky! - 08/12/05 04:35 AM

Just when I was saying it's been a good week...my washing machine died on me! [Frown] It won't go thru the rinse cycle....then it won't turn on....let it sit abit.....& it works fine!!!

Went out & bought a new one this morning! We will be waiting on the front porch Sunday morning for it's arrival!!! [Smile]

I about died having to go do laundry when they were doing the remodel!!! [Embarrassed] It just gave me the jeebies knowing other people's dirty clothes were in the machines!!! [Razz]

$435 later.......this puppy better last us at least 10 years!!! Our last one we only had for maybe 8 years! No more Whirlpool for us!!! [Frown]
Posted by: Sadie

Re: My washing machine is in the big junk yard in the sky! - 08/12/05 04:40 AM

Kay B.
I have a whirlpool . Yikes ! I got mind last year. What did you get this time?. Maytag are good and Kenmore Those washer don't last 20 yrs anymore like they use too. My fridge died after 8 years and went out and got a kenmore and love it.
Posted by: Dianne

Re: My washing machine is in the big junk yard in the sky! - 08/12/05 05:06 PM

I've always wanted a refrigerator with the glass door so you could see inside but then, you'd have to keep it so clean all the time and they cost a fortune and...never mind. Just a bad idea.

I've always had Kenmore washers and have been really happy with them. Hmmm...I never thought about other people using a machine at a laundramat before. Here we go again--our germ phobias we discussed a few months ago. [Eek!]
Posted by: KAY B

Re: My washing machine is in the big junk yard in the sky! - 08/13/05 02:43 AM

We got a GE washer....it was a toss up between that & a Maytag. I liked the Maytag better because it was white w/ gray....I love the color gray!!! [Smile] We got a no frills one.....3 water levals--3 temp settings--and 14 cycles.

We used to go to Sears---but I have a connection at a store by us...so I go there! Plus our Sears won't take the old machines/fridges/appliances away for you. It's your problem.