Long Nails! Friend or foe?

Posted by: chatty lady

Long Nails! Friend or foe? - 04/03/05 11:53 PM

Well I finally had to give in and am back once again to short fingernails. I cut and filed them this morning. I don't know about you but even though long nails look nice they are hell on typing. I am so tired of my typing speed nearly cut in half by having to keep erasing the extra keys I strike when my nails are long SO I bit the bullet and they are now shorter, much shorter. Whats your take on this situation ladies? I almost feel liberated. [Roll Eyes]
Posted by: Princess Lenora

Re: Long Nails! Friend or foe? - 04/04/05 01:10 AM

Liberation, indeed. My toenails are trimmed and painted. I told my husband that when I am old and in a nursing home and I can't reach my toes, I want him to make sure my toenails are painted. However, my fingernails are another matter. In my former life as a sales person and property manager, "nice" nails were part of the professional persona. I had to shake hands all the time, not easy when one is shy and a germ-a-phob. I got conjunctivitis several times! Doing my nails was a weekly ritual. Anyway, in my new life as an artist/author, I have short, unpainted fingernails. Who cares? I use cuticle cream, but that's all. Who needs long nails anyway? We'd end up like Howard Hughes Did you see how they illlustrated his over grown toe nails in The Aviator? Besides Chatty, any one over 40 who doesn't have a wrinkle doesn't need long nails! LLL
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: Long Nails! Friend or foe? - 04/13/05 09:04 AM

I have short fingernails, otherwise I couldn't make my jewelry. I keep them polished because I like the way they look, and they also break less often if I have a few coats of polish on.

Toenails? Short, unpolished, and as inconspicuous as possible.