and another one bites the dust...

Posted by: Thistle Cove Farm

and another one bites the dust... - 09/30/04 03:25 PM

remember that tune?

and another one. and another one. and another one bites the dust....

okay gallows humor. we buried another one this week. we're up to either an even dozen or a baker's dozen this week ---I actually don't know because I actually refuse to count. That's since April 1. Remember our friend George, the Russian Orthadox Minister? He died first and has since been followed by wwwwwaaaaayyyyy too many friends and relatives.

I think I'm beyond caring. I'm simply numb. Too stressed. Too much to do. Too much overload. My 91 year old mother in law lives w/us and continues to decline. She needs to go visit her daughter for a while as she's been here for almost 2 years. She needs a break. I need a break. Dave needs a break. We're all going to break if we don't get one soon.

There's nothing anyone, other than Carol, the daughter, can do. The carrot in front of my nose is my mil going to Carols for a visit. Please pray that will be no later than the end of October.

Probably I shouldn't write about this in a public place. Just goes to show you how desperate I am and the situation is.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: and another one bites the dust... - 09/30/04 04:37 PM

How sad for you all. One would be bad enough but to lose so many all so close together must be just terrible. All anyone can do is pray for you and hope you do get away and get some much needed relief soon. Take care of yourselves and each other...
Posted by: TVC15

Re: and another one bites the dust... - 09/30/04 04:39 PM

I'm so sorry, will be praying that things start looking up for you and yours.
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: and another one bites the dust... - 09/30/04 08:16 PM

I too join the circle of prayer that Ms Carol reaches out and gets her Mom for a visit. At 91, Carol needs to have her visit often me thinks!

Our prayers go with you Thistle.

JJ
Posted by: lalapaloosa

Re: and another one bites the dust... - 10/01/04 01:52 AM

I hope your MIL gets to spend time with her daughter. Having to deal with grief on top of caregiving is beyond stressful. Love to you (and definitely prayers also)!
Lala

Re: and another one bites the dust... - 10/01/04 04:41 AM

Well Boomer Sibs - that's why I put my death and dying note on the whine forum. I figure you all have heard plenty from me on the subject and by now it's just another whine and I like blue cheese.

Thank you muchly for your good thoughts, prayers, good wishes, etc. I'm not sure I've dealt with the grief...haven't had time. If this dam ever breaks I'll spend some serious time rubbing velvet and looking thru bars <g>.

In all seriousness. Thank you. The prayers of friends and family are keeping me going. That and lots of ice cream.
Posted by: Maggie

Re: and another one bites the dust... - 10/04/04 03:25 AM

Thistle Cove Farm,
So sorry about all your sadness. I thought about you today when we sang My Faith Looks up to Thee.
At least I think that was the one. The third verse deals with grief and your name came to mind.
Maggie
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: and another one bites the dust... - 10/05/04 06:15 PM

Thistle, any news about your MIL visiting her daughter so you can have a respite? We're praying so.

Re: and another one bites the dust... - 10/09/04 06:51 PM

Dots, that would be hedoublehockeysticks NO.