change of season

Posted by: Dotsie

change of season - 09/28/03 03:45 PM

Living in Maryland there is nothing more beautiful than the change of seasons. Summer into fall is so crisp and refreshing, but...

I am a summer clothes person. They are cheaper, more comfortable, and so much easier.

I can put on my flip-flops, capri jeans, and any t-shirt and not have to think twice before heading out the door. When I walk, it's simply shorts and a t-shirt. Dress up, it's black capris, t-shirt, or easy sun dress and sandals.

But this time of year I scramble. Gotta get the fall/winter clothes out. Drag them down from the attic, pack the summer stuff away, only to be humiliated each day with what to wear. [Mad]

You need more shoes/boots, socks/hose [Mad] sweaters, pants, sweat-shirts, sweat pants, jackets, coats, hats, gloves, dresses and sweaters to go with the dresses, blazers...

Can anyone shed any light on this helpless woman who can't stand coordinating outfits and wants to keep her flip-flops out year round, but knows she'll freeze?

Why do seasons have to complicate matters so much?

I often think how much time we would have if we would just walk around naked. [Eek!]

Think of the time we spend shopping for clothes, sorting, carrying, washing, folding, storing, ironing (well, not much there), deciding what to wear, and the list goes on.

What do you say we rebel to all this clothes stuff and start a naked trend? [Eek!]

YOU first!
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: change of season - 09/28/03 04:37 PM

ewwwwww...so much for breakfast! The thoughts of all my friends and co-workers going around naked is enough to scare me. I don't think so Dotsie...besides...I like sweatpants and sweatshirts in the winter. The elastic is so forgiving! [Eek!]
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: change of season - 09/30/03 06:06 PM

I know, it's not that I would want to truck around naked, it's just that way too much time is spent on clothes!

Sweat pants are great, but can you wear them to work, church, etc? [Eek!]
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: change of season - 09/30/03 06:36 PM

no, of course we cannot. But I will tell you what I did to solve the clothes problem. I chose three different colored pants (with elastic, it's our friend) and then I coordinated toppings.

This way my wardrobe is limited to the basic, brown, black, blue. Boring right? Right. But I found I was spending too much time each morning trying to decide what to wear to work/church each time and wanted to spend more time doing other things before I began my "regular" day. Now I have "not-so-boring" clothes for special occassions. I have saved a ton of money, everything is inchangeable, and I don't have the confusion in the a.m.... which is my favorite time of day. Course some people have to dress up with suits, etc. and cannot follow this simple layout.