Annoying Call

Posted by: Anonymous

Annoying Call - 06/11/09 02:38 AM

Tonight I rec'd a call from (701) 456-3702, they hung up, so I called the number, yet it was no longer in service. So, I Googled the number and found it listed on many annoyance call complaint sights.

I wonder what the scam is? Have any of ya'll rec'd calls from this number or had similar occurences?
Posted by: Ellemm

Re: Annoying Call - 06/11/09 01:45 PM

I don't know; when I get calls that are hangups, I tend to consider myself lucky and forget about it. After all, a fair number of us realize we're dialing the wrong number and hang up fairly innocently.

Now, if someone kept calling and hanging up I'd be annoyed. If it was just the once, maybe you won't hear from them again. Besides, I interrupt the patter with, "Sorry I'm not interested" and hang up. No point wasting their time or mine.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Annoying Call - 06/11/09 11:24 PM

I got a call, no two calls from a man selling some kind of extra warranty plan for my car. I said no, and he kept talking, so loudly I said, did you hear that? He said NO, what? I said, that dial tone, and hung up. Sometimes when bored I like to mess with their minds...
Posted by: humlan

Re: Annoying Call - 06/13/09 11:53 AM

Anne..PRICELESS!!!! Gotta try that one!!!! grin