Cell/home phone calls

Posted by: Di

Cell/home phone calls - 05/08/08 12:28 AM

We have only 1000 minutes between us on our cell phone usage. But people insist on calling them when we are home! They ONLY use the cell numbers!

May I make a suggestion? Ask people, if you call their cell phone, if it's better if you call their home phone. Those over-the-limit minutes add up!

Also, if someone calls you, tell THEM to call on your home phone.

Grrrrrrrr!!!!!!!
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Cell/home phone calls - 05/08/08 01:02 AM

I couldn't agree more. I'm over "double" my minutes this month and will have to sell a kidney to pay the bill. Dang it all! I shut mine off and refuse to have it on till next month.
Posted by: Lola

Re: Cell/home phone calls - 05/08/08 07:16 PM

Could someone please clear up something for me? Are you saying that you incur charges for incoming calls to your cellphones as well?

Re: Cell/home phone calls - 05/08/08 07:41 PM

Yes, you sure do! "Usage" of the phone costs! PERIOD!
Posted by: Lola

Re: Cell/home phone calls - 05/08/08 10:12 PM

Would it help to register your cell phone under your business enterprise rather than personal use thereby allowing for those charges to be a business expense?

Re: Cell/home phone calls - 05/08/08 10:13 PM

Oh yes...our cell phones ARE a business expense. BUT, you still have to pay for them!!
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Cell/home phone calls - 05/08/08 10:15 PM

I'm thinking seriously of having mine cut off. I have my home phone for biz...and I could get one of those pay as you go cells for traveling. I may do that. You know the kind I'm talkig bout? You go to Wally Word and buy a card that is prepaid and load the minutes on your phone.

Re: Cell/home phone calls - 05/08/08 10:55 PM

Yeah, we used Virgin Mobile for a while...got to be too expensive for our use. But great for travel if you do not have LONG conversations with them!