Everybody wants a piece of us!

Posted by: Di

Everybody wants a piece of us! - 03/09/08 04:19 PM

It's nice to have so many friends. DH and I seem to be "the" couple that people like to be around but they all want to invite us to dinner, go out to eat, spend time..but we are, well, country folk who enjoy coming home.

Granted we love people, enjoy meeting such wonderful human beings especially since it's our business. But, we like to come home and crash...enjoy our own environment, do our own "thing". Plus, our business takes up lots of time. Our "town" is 45 minutes from here...and with gas prices we only travel enough to go to the market twice/week, then home. We do our errands while we are there.

DH is such a nice guy, he hates to decline any invite. But then, he complains to ME that he's "tired of socializing".

How can one "kindly decline" invites and not hurt feelings?
Posted by: Edelweiss

Re: Everybody wants a piece of us! - 03/09/08 06:09 PM

I understand what you mean Di. Too much socializing can be a stress factor as well. That’s why I love coming here. I can do it when I have the time, and not have to comply to set times.

Still, I’m sure you know that declining invitations is the fastest way to lose friends. If you are willing to do that, then fine. Maybe just a couple of friends are enough. Friends close where you live are good, you don’t loose time travelling.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Everybody wants a piece of us! - 03/10/08 08:29 PM

Why not decline some invites, then have a party in a couple months? Would that work? Get to see lots of freinds at once?
Posted by: celtic_flame

Re: Everybody wants a piece of us! - 03/17/08 01:02 AM

good idea dottsie.

its never easie di as feelings can be so readielie hurt or people find diffrent ways of sceduling their time and almost get out the habit of you if you decine so manie invites. Its all about balances so chose and juggle wislie