Mixed Media Artist ~ new here

Posted by: CaroMcK2

Mixed Media Artist ~ new here - 08/19/07 11:12 PM

Hi All ~ I am Carol from MA ~ Cape Ann area ~ wonder if anyone lives near me? Also, here is my blog ~ http://artmusedog.blogspot.com/ will give you some idea of who I am ~ Looking forward to meeting you ~ I am 60 and widowed ~ have 2 dogs, "Yorkie" and "Lab"
Posted by: orchid

Re: Mixed Media Artist ~ new here - 08/20/07 12:39 AM

Welcome. That's great you are living out your Muse. How long have you been doing art? Is this a side activity or did you make a living from it?

I only dabble. Right now, I feel profound guilt for not using all my oil paint tubes and luscious brushes...

http://www3.telus.net/public/hjbecker/JeansVisions/image001.htm I have some mixed media stuff which I have not posted anywhere to Internet nor even to family since alot of it is unfinished...and probably incomprehensible at this time.

I have a full-time job where I spend a total of 3 hrs. commuting round trip to get work. As a result my evenings are short..

Just 2 days ago, I wanted to register a short-term , weekend art course on Brush Stroke Bootcamp...and discovered it was full with a waiting list. It was at a well-known art college close to home. I was ticked off.

So creativity is for now, just in other areas of life..
Posted by: Edelweiss

Re: Mixed Media Artist ~ new here - 08/20/07 07:25 AM

Carol, I just read your blog. You're honesty and view on life is like a fresh breeze. What a dream life you are leading, living by the ocean, painting, and enjoying your friends, like partying on a fishing boat. That's my kind of fun too.

Orchid I enjoyed looking at your paintings. Love the birch tree one.

Hannelore ~Re: Mixed Media Artist ~ new here - 08/20/07 12:20 PM

Hannelore ~ thanks for reading my "blog" ~ and your great comments ~ yes, I am blessed where I live and work and play ~ It is something I visualized for years and the Universe delivered! Had lots of "lemons" along the way ~ but tis part of life ~ Great "chatting" with you! What kind of art do you do?

Orchid ~Re: Mixed Media Artist ~ new here - 08/23/07 12:14 AM

Have dabbled off and on for several years ~ wasn't till 2004 when my husband died that once I began to work through the initial tough grief that I could devote my time to developing my art ~ so here I am ~
You have a 3 hr commute to work? Gad, how do you find time to do anything ~ What kind of work do you do?

Hugs and Namaste,

Re: Orchid Mixed Media Artist ~ new here - 08/23/07 12:18 AM

Your art is exquisite ~ colors, compostion ~ love the white birch trees and others ~ You should be painting! Not commuting 3 hrs! a day ~

Hugs and Namaste,
Posted by: Princess Lenora

Re: Orchid Mixed Media Artist ~ new here - 08/23/07 02:29 AM

Orchid, are you kidding me? You need your very own gallery! Wow, what fabulous paintings. And birch trees are hard work! L PL
Posted by: orchid

Re: Orchid Mixed Media Artist ~ new here - 08/23/07 07:57 PM

Quote:

Orchid, are you kidding me? You need your very own gallery! Wow, what fabulous paintings. And birch trees are hard work! L PL

Well one day..to do more. Yes, the work commute is time-consuming. There is still much to learn and explore.