Oil painting, art, literature --and touchstone

Posted by: orchid

Oil painting, art, literature --and touchstone - 01/22/07 05:05 AM

Have miles to go..but occasionally I do oil painting. lately have gotten into mixed media after taking a course.

You won't find the mixed media stuff here..some of this is older stuff... http://www3.telus.net/public/hjbecker/JeansVisions/image001.htm

Doing art is for myself. But interestingly it creates a link with my partner's daughter --a young lady. She has always dabbled in it herself and now does it for de-stressing. If it weren't for this link between her and myself, ....I would appear as 1 highly conservative woman to her.
Posted by: chickadee

Re: Oil painting, art, literature --and touchstone - 01/22/07 06:29 AM

Bonding through art sounds like it is working for both of you orchid. The painting is stunning. I am a lupin lover and of course PEI potatoes, well, you can't beat them for flavour. (I know, I'm Canadian)
You have put them together in a beautiful painting orchid. Show us more, please.

chick
Posted by: Edelweiss

Re: Oil painting, art, literature --and touchstone - 01/22/07 07:55 AM

Hi Orchid! Don't think I've seen you around before, so welcome.
I really enjoyed viewing your painting. Loved the Birch trees. Not only are the paintings well done, the Canadian aura comes through.

Hannelore
Posted by: Mountain Ash

Re: Oil painting, art, literature --and touchstone - 01/22/07 02:18 PM

Orchid
my favourite book as a child(and still in my heart) was Anne of Green Gables.
The picture was it from Marilla and Mathew's kitchen window.
Well done
Mountain Ash
Posted by: Anno

Re: Oil painting, art, literature --and touchstone - 01/22/07 03:03 PM

Your painting is great. Are landscapes your thing, or do you have many painting interests? I dabble, too, and am always interested in how and why a painter selects a topic.
Posted by: Dianne

Re: Oil painting, art, literature --and touchstone - 01/22/07 03:14 PM

My word, you women on this site are so talented. It's amazing. Beautiful paintings!
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Oil painting, art, literature --and touchstone - 01/22/07 04:00 PM

What an enjoyable trip through your paintings. Girls, if you didn't see them all, go back and at the base of each painting is an arrow. Follow the arrows. Thank you so much for sharing this part of your life. Your work is beautiful!
Posted by: chickadee

Re: Oil painting, art, literature --and touchstone - 01/22/07 04:44 PM

JJ,I missed the arrows before. Thanks. Yes they are beautiful.

chick

Re: Oil painting, art, literature --and touchstone - 01/23/07 03:50 AM

Quote:

Bonding through art sounds like it is working for both of you orchid. The painting is stunning. I am a lupin lover and of course PEI potatoes, well, you can't beat them for flavour. (I know, I'm Canadian)

Those lupines in PEI are different from those found here in B.C. But what do I know about botany..

Anyone who lives in huge country, knows how awestruck one becomes at sheer diversity of landscape, sights and space...
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: Oil painting, art, literature --and touchstone - 01/24/07 02:29 AM

Hi Orchid, I can't remember if I welcomed you here yet. I really enjoyed your paintings!

Re: Oil painting, art, literature --and touchstone - 01/24/07 04:01 AM

Howdy, meredith! Alas, better get my MUSE cranked up..it's been a few months since doing anything arty.