What kind of wreath is this?

Posted by: Flower981

What kind of wreath is this? - 01/29/06 06:54 AM

Hi all,

I found these pictures and I am not sure what kind of wreath is this?

Any help.

Thanks,

-  -  -  -  -
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: What kind of wreath is this? - 01/30/06 03:10 AM

Flower981, very beautiful but I have no clue as to type of blossoms these are. I think the base is rose bush branches....oh and WELCOME to BWS.
Posted by: ladybug

Re: What kind of wreath is this? - 01/30/06 04:02 AM

These look like silk flowers so they could just be a type of flower that doesn't exist in nature.

It is a beautiful wreath.
Posted by: Sandpiper

Re: What kind of wreath is this? - 01/30/06 10:10 AM

I thought the base looked like grapevines. The flowers look silk to me and possibly a type of tea rose.

Sandpiper
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: What kind of wreath is this? - 01/30/06 05:36 PM

I thought grapevines too, but they appear a little thicker than most.

Welcome! Please jump around and post in the other forums.

Re: What kind of wreath is this? - 01/31/06 07:08 AM

I was thinking about this post last night before bedtime and remembered some flowers that these could be a member of, the spotted lily family perhaps.
Posted by: Flower981

Re: What kind of wreath is this? - 01/31/06 08:25 AM

thanks all
Posted by: starting over

Re: What kind of wreath is this? - 02/01/06 08:14 AM

Hi all, I used to work for a florist. The wreath itself is not grapevine--there are no 'feeler' tiny branches running off the main stems. It may be willow, that is fairly bendable and would have a clean stem. The flowers are silk. The spotted flower does appear in nature. It is called an Alstromeria lilly. Comes in several colors naturally, several blooms on one stem. Hope that helps!

Re: What kind of wreath is this? - 02/02/06 04:52 AM

Ah hah!!! from the lily family, boy I'm good. And still believe the branches to be 'no thorn' rose bush branches. I use to make wreaths out of the ones in my own garden in Illinois. Thanks starting over for the info.