Beaded Ribbon Bow Brooches

Posted by: Bead Angel

Beaded Ribbon Bow Brooches - 11/07/05 04:16 PM

Hi all,

Just finished some beaded ribbon bow brooches, sort of 3-D just like a real bow, check out the photos at: Beaded Brooch Photos

Thanks for looking!

Instruction is ready to share at: Beaded Ribbon Bow Instruction

Enjoy!

[ February 06, 2006, 10:58 AM: Message edited by: Bead Angel ]
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Beaded Ribbon Bow Brooches - 11/07/05 07:34 PM

Very cool. Now wait a minute. I'm confused (nothing new). I don't recall you selling your stuff.

Re: Beaded Ribbon Bow Brooches - 11/07/05 09:43 PM

Hee,hee... that's because I'm not selling anything. Just bead as a hobby and share the photos and instructions on the site. Will post the instruction in a few month's time, have few other to work on now.

You can find my past projects like butterfy, dragonfly, roses, poodle etc... on the same site under Bead Project page.

Cheers!
Posted by: Princess Lenora

Re: Beaded Ribbon Bow Brooches - 11/08/05 06:17 AM

Those are BEADUTIFUL!
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Beaded Ribbon Bow Brooches - 11/08/05 06:26 AM

Bead Angel, I love your stuff. My favorite is the tissue holder. How clever is that? And the dog's are adorable!

JJ

Re: Beaded Ribbon Bow Brooches - 11/08/05 02:28 PM

Thanks both of you!

The tissue holder is made using the Right Angle Weave technique, quite easy to pick up, here's the basic instruction for RAW: Right Angle Weave Instruction

One of the doggie instruction is available - poodle - also using RAW but here's the full instruction for the dog: Poodle instruction

Cheers!
Posted by: Princess Lenora

Re: Beaded Ribbon Bow Brooches - 11/09/05 05:54 AM

Bead Angel, I was in Coldwater Creek today. They had bead broches shaped like dragon flies and butterflies for 45 and 55 dollars. Check them out on line. Are you in business? My other favorite bead artist is Meredith. I love what she does with decorating the bisque vessels and the boxes.

Re: Beaded Ribbon Bow Brooches - 11/09/05 01:18 PM

I'm not in business, just bead as a personal hobby, but the dragonfly and butterfly instruction is available if you want to try them out: web page Under Oct and Nov 2005 Projects.

Sorry I live in Singapore and have not seen any of Meredith's work so don't have any
idea how her creations looked like, Is there a site with her works? can you post me the link? would really like to see them.

Cheers!
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Beaded Ribbon Bow Brooches - 11/09/05 09:03 PM

Bead, it may stree you out, but you need to sell your craft. Especially now. Beaded objects are so popular this season.

Look at any of Mereidth's posts and her site is in her signature. Just click on it. I just ordered 4 pairs of ear rings for her for Christmas gifts.

Re: Beaded Ribbon Bow Brooches - 11/09/05 10:56 PM

Thanks for the encouragement, will definitely think about selling, but it may be difficult for me to mass produce as I usually get bored beading the same design over and over again - always looking for new ideas to bead.

I'm on my way to look at Mereidth's creations right now!

Thanks!

Re: Beaded Ribbon Bow Brooches - 02/06/06 06:59 PM

Hi all,

I have finally finished drawing out the instruction for the beaded ribbon, I have added the link at the bottom of the very first post I started in this thread.

Enjoy!