Halloween

Posted by: meredithbead

Halloween - 10/21/04 08:26 AM

I posted about this last year but thought it was worth a repeat.

For Halloween I make lots of cheap jewelry out of supplies that I rarely use, and offer the trick-or-treaters a choice of jewelry or candy (Reese's peanut butter cups.) About 2/3 of the kids choose the jewelry.

Anyone here who is even remotely good at crafts can make something out of fabric, paper, beads etc. Make jewelry or a toy or mini-scrapbook or anything kids might want. It's fun, it's cheaper and healthier than candy (which leaves the Reese's for me...) and the kids get such a kick out of it.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Halloween - 10/22/04 12:12 AM

Meredith, what's your address? My daughter and I want to come trick or treating at your home. [Big Grin]
Posted by: Dana_dup1

Re: Halloween - 10/22/04 02:33 AM

What a great idea! I've never been fond of handing out a lot of candy, so I usually go with coins or fruit, but this sounds like so much fun! Will have to remember this for next year!
Dana

Re: Halloween - 10/25/04 10:14 AM

A lot of time the parents will say to me the night of, or stop by the following week, to tell me that this is their kids favorite house for trick-or-treating [Cool] [Cool] One man stopped by while I was weeding to tell me he knew his son was growing up because he used to choose the jewelry to give to his Mom, but this year he gave the jewelry to some girl in his class!
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Halloween - 10/25/04 06:51 PM

Lucky little girl. Mereidth, one of these days you're going to be surprised when I do some Christmas shopping on your site. [Wink]

Re: Halloween - 10/27/04 10:51 AM

Hey Dotsie, I got the bubble wrap and stamps all ready! BTW I bought my new domain name www.meredithbead.com (I already have the site) but still haven't put anything up... I'll announce when I do.
Posted by: TVC15

Re: Halloween - 10/27/04 03:11 PM

Meredith,
I just checked out your website. Your jewelry is outstanding. I'm going to start my christmas shopping soon. You'll be hearing from me! Do you do any ankle bracelets?
Robin

Re: Halloween - 10/28/04 10:20 AM

Robin -- Thanks for asking!! [Big Grin] Anything bracelet can be made longer for an ankle bracelet, usually a few $ more. Necklaces can also be modified for anklet for a few $ less. Anything can be made any size (one size does NOT fit all [Eek!] ) and many styles can be made in different colors.

I'm also willing to inundate people's mailboxes with additional jpg's (up to 6) if you give me a clue as to style. [Smile]
Posted by: TVC15

Re: Halloween - 10/28/04 03:45 PM

Thanks Meredith, I sent you a private message.