Bookworm

Posted by: Maggie

Bookworm - 04/18/04 10:51 PM

Hi Smile,

How did the bookworm work out? Did you have your play.
Maggie
Posted by: smilinize

Re: Bookworm - 04/19/04 01:49 AM

Thanks for asking Maggie.
I got some green fuzzy stuff and some white velvety stuff and I made the body in kind of lumps with the white stuff for the belly and the green stuff for the back like a catepillar. I made the head kind of like a small basketball with a round nose and round white eyes made from satiny looking stuff over some balls that light up and blink. (They came out of some toys my grandson was finished with).
I am still having problems with the mouth, but it's going to be ok.
Won't do anything with it til next weekend. Saturday I perform at a writer's conference. I'm still working on a voice for the worm. I'm thinking a strong nasal intellectual type thing. Oh I forgot, the worm wears glasses and has a graduation cap on.
Say a prayer.
smile
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Bookworm - 04/19/04 02:26 AM

Your worm sounds absolutely adorable, does this fellow have a name? I love the fact he wears glass's. I once wrote a childrens story called: Sneaky Snake and the worm reminds me of him alittle. [Roll Eyes]

Re: Bookworm - 04/19/04 02:59 AM

Chatty, I haven't yet named him yet. Maybe some boomers have ideas for a name.
He will be onstage alone greeting children, but maybe I could work a cute name into his act or into a song somehow.
I eliminated the snakey worm and went for the cuter caterpillar look. He's pretty cute. He has big bulging eyes and a big smile. He's kind of a nerd with the glasses and all.

Anyone have an idea for a name?
smile
Posted by: Maggie

Re: Bookworm - 04/19/04 03:15 AM

Smile,
Your bookworm sounds darling and wonderful.
From your desription its easy to picture and I know the kids will love it.
Have fun and know your in our prayers.
Maggie
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Bookworm - 04/19/04 08:12 PM

smile, Does he have something to do with a book you wrote, or a movie? Forgive me, but I forget what his purpose is. I know he'll be on stage alone but what comes before and after? Give us a little more and maybe we can come up with a name for you. I bet the queen or Thistle could help. The queen's funny and Thistle is forever naming her animals! [Wink]

Re: Bookworm - 04/19/04 10:45 PM

Mr. ?? Bookworm is a totally new character that I just made up for a book conference Saturday. He is not a part of a movie or book.
He is just on stage interactng with the kids. He tells a story in which the kids kind of act out parts with different movements and noises for different characters in the story.
It's kind of about how he becomes different characters as he reads different books and how he gets frustrated when he has to stop reading and become nothing but a worm again.
But then he gets an A on his book report and is happy that he is who he is--A book worm.
Does that make any sense???

Weird.
smile
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Bookworm - 04/20/04 05:31 PM

How about Squirmy the Bookwormy.

Okay, so now you see my lack of creativity in this area....

Re: Bookworm - 04/20/04 06:43 PM

Hey, I think squirmy bookwormy is a great idea. I might even be able to work that into the story. It might not be his real name, but what the other kids call him when they make fun of him in the beginning. I'm adding that right now. Thanks for the idea.

Maybe he's a hyperactive worm???

Hey, could be.
smile