Hello! I'm New Here!

Posted by: FlyingWoman

Hello! I'm New Here! - 10/24/03 05:17 PM

Hi all...
Dotsie has been telling me about this group for a long time so I finally am getting here to see what it's all about. I chose to follow this category because I am an artist who has a business and studio in my home. It allows me flexibility and I don't have to pull my hair out whenever I have a child home sick from school (that's happening today in fact).

I have 3 daughters - ages 9, 12 and 14...it is a very estrogen rich environment at my house.

I am busy painting for two upcoming holiday open houses that I am having with a friend. Stressful but fun (I hope). I paint what I like to call "funk-tional" art - bright, whimsical designs on furniture and other funky items. I sell on eBay and on my web site.

I love to connect with other artistic women and will enjoy reading this forum I'm sure!

Happy Friday! [Smile]
Ann
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Hello! I'm New Here! - 10/24/03 05:30 PM

Welcome Ann,
Here's a royal welcome to you! I visited your site and loved it. I especially liked the birdhouse and the broom...wonder how many miles I could get outta one of those....hmmmm...

There are a lot of artist in here so you will probably feel the kindred spirits. It's a really nice neighborhood...

Well...anyhoo, welcome girl and I look forward to getting to know you. Here's hoping your daughter has a speedy recover. [Smile]

Royal regards,
Posted by: Evie

Re: Hello! I'm New Here! - 10/24/03 05:38 PM

nice stuff [Smile] I liked the patchwork angel and the t-shirts. very cool [Cool]
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Hello! I'm New Here! - 10/24/03 05:50 PM

Fly Person...I just replied to your private message and then I think I promptly deleted it. It said a big "thank you."

Yes, I'm an idiot. You find that out soon enough..geezzz

[Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]
Posted by: Evie

Re: Hello! I'm New Here! - 10/24/03 06:18 PM

ya, but we love ya anyway [Big Grin]
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: Hello! I'm New Here! - 10/25/03 02:01 AM

Ann,

Welcome from another artist! You're website was beautifully done and the items are wonderful.
Posted by: Maggie

Re: Hello! I'm New Here! - 10/25/03 05:22 AM

Hi Ann,
Loved your work. I really do love whimsical and yours is wonderful.
Oh yes, welcome do hope you love it as much as we all do.
Maggie
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Hello! I'm New Here! - 10/27/03 07:47 PM

Ladies, I met Ann online and I love her work. She makes this great item that I bought for my sister for her 50th. birthday.

At the top of the board she writes:
Things to do:

Then she'll paint whatever it is you like to do i all these awesome colors with funky designs all around.

Along the edges she writes other things to do in smaller letters all along the border. Here are some of the words she uses, but you can give her your own suggestions:

bake, call a friend, paint, read, laugh out loud, tell a joke, and on and on. Be creative.

I customized my sisters and she loves it.

Anyway, it makes for a perfect gift for a special occasion.

She is great to work with. Another creative women among us! [Wink]