Go Navy!

Posted by: jawjaw

Go Navy! - 03/26/09 09:52 PM

Mom gave me dad's navy top that he wore in WWII. I already had his cap, so I want to make a shadow box or some sort of display with this, as a keepsake. I have a pic of him in his uniform that I intend to have in there also. Any suggestions for displaying these three items?

The top needs to have the collar showing so that you can tell it is a Navy top. The cap is obvious. Actually, the cap I have is the one in the picture at the bottom. The dark one that matches the top.

AND ALSO and then I thought I would add this picture of me. I was giving a neighborhood show and wore this costume.

What do you think? Would you do a collage? Or just the uniform? (top and cap)
Posted by: chickadee

Re: Go Navy! - 03/27/09 05:56 AM

How big is the shadow box going to be and what size are the pics? Your Daddy was a handsome man and you favor him.
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Go Navy! - 03/27/09 01:30 PM

I don't know yet. I thought about folding the back of the top and making it more square. Does that make sense visually? But the material is so thick (wool) that I'm afraid that might not be possible. I guess what I had in mine was something about the size of a couch cushion....it's the only analogy I could think of! LOL! Do you think that would be too large to put on a wall?
Posted by: Lola

Re: Go Navy! - 03/27/09 06:43 PM

JJ, what a neat idea. Have you thought of just hanging the top? Like they do with kimonos? Then, if you can get a "head" similar to the one where wigs are rested on for the cap? Yep. I can see you and your granddaughters in your Dad as well. He's a cutie.