Mediterranean, here we come!

Posted by: WizardofZA

Mediterranean, here we come! - 08/07/07 04:54 PM

After a full year of anticipating, planning, researching, and dreaming, we are off on Thursday for our anniversary cruise.
We fly to Barcelona, stay one night, then join the ship. Ports include Marseilles (Provence), Monte Carlo, Florence, Rome, Amalfi coast, Sicily, Malta, Santorini and Athens. We are bringing our two daughters and son--in-law, who are all so excited they are about to jump out of their skins! They've been talking about this for so long (as have we), it almost doesn't seem real that it's about to actually happen.
While the anticipation of visiting such wonderful places is great, most of all I am looking forward to spending 12 days of uninterrupted time with the whole family...something we haven't been able to do in a very long time.
Posted by: Dancing Dolphin

Re: Mediterranean, here we come! - 08/07/07 10:09 PM

Oh how great! Have a wonderful time!!!!!!!!!!

Kathy

PS: Can I stow away?
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Mediterranean, here we come! - 08/08/07 12:23 AM

That is fantastic Wiz...I'm so happy for you and the rest of the family. What a great vacation, too. I'm wishing I was your daughter about NOW. LOL!

Have a great trip but don't forget to come back in and tell us all about it when you return, and of course, after you've rested a bit!

HAVE A GREAT TIME!
Posted by: Edelweiss

Re: Mediterranean, here we come! - 08/08/07 12:28 PM

Here's wishing you calm seas, warm winds, scrumptious food, and many heartfelt moments with your family.
Bon Voyage!
Hannelore
Posted by: Anno

Re: Mediterranean, here we come! - 08/08/07 09:27 PM

Have a wonderful time. Sun, ocean, family, relaxing, unlimited food, swimming...ah, it souunds so great. Enjoy and savor every moment.
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: Mediterranean, here we come! - 08/09/07 06:22 AM

Wizard, what a wonderful anniversary! I hope you have the best time possible
Posted by: Dianne

Re: Mediterranean, here we come! - 08/13/07 09:07 PM

Monte Carlo is one of my favorite places. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did! Have a wonderful trip.
Posted by: WizardofZA

Re: Mediterranean, here we come! - 08/28/07 05:24 PM

Well, we are back! We had a fabulous trip...strolled La Rambla and the Gothic Quarter in Barcelona, enjoyed wine tasting in Provence, hiked up the LARGE hill to the Palace in Monaco, spent a relaxing day in the Roman countryside at the Lake area where TomKat got married, bought a leather jacket in Florence and had more wine in Tuscany, drove the Amalfi coast and tromped through the ruins of Pompeii, went on a Godfather tour (both movie and real) in Sicily, marveled at the view as we approached Malta by sea, spent one relaxing day on board the beautiful ship, rode donkeys up the hill to Santorini, and ended up in Athens, marveling again at the Parthenon. Weather was great, if you like 95 and humid, but at least we had no rain, and I guess it could have been hotter. Most of all, if was just incredible spending 11 uninterrupted days with the kids.
Posted by: Edelweiss

Re: Mediterranean, here we come! - 08/28/07 07:47 PM

How wonderful Wizard! Sounds like a DREAM vacation. And doing it with the family. What more do you want!
Posted by: Dianne

Re: Mediterranean, here we come! - 08/29/07 03:14 PM

Hey girls, traveling again so will be gone until next week. I'm actually looking forward to this trip, a nice change!