Armed with sunscreen and good books

Posted by: Anno

Armed with sunscreen and good books - 12/21/06 11:27 AM

Farewll for a few days, my good ladies. I am off to the beaches of Mexico to spend the holidays in my way. Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and see you in the New Year. Love you all.
Posted by: Edelweiss

Re: Armed with sunscreen and good books - 12/21/06 07:06 PM

Felic Navidad (spelling?) and Hasta la Vista!!!!Have a wonderful time, Anno! Will be thinking of you sunning while we're freezing over here.
Posted by: Dancing Dolphin

Re: Armed with sunscreen and good books - 12/21/06 07:52 PM

Soak up some warmth for me, Anno!! Have a wonderful time!
Kathy
Posted by: Lola

Re: Armed with sunscreen and good books - 12/21/06 08:46 PM

Have a good holiday, Anno! Come back with a really good tan.
Posted by: Dianne

Re: Armed with sunscreen and good books - 12/23/06 03:56 PM

Anno is leaving me here where it's cold and has been snowing. Have fun, take pictures!
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Armed with sunscreen and good books - 12/24/06 05:58 PM

Wait, you left without us.

Ah Mexico. We were there in the summer and loved every second of it.

Have fun. Soak up some rays for us.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Armed with sunscreen and good books - 12/26/06 10:14 AM

Hannelore speaking of Hasta La Vista Baby, did you hear where Arnold Swartzenagger broke his leg skiing and will have to have surgery when he returns from Aspen or wherever he was. Ah poor thing, and I thought he was indestructable..

Anno don't drink the water, use the ice and watch for jelly fish and sharks. Other than that have a ball, LOL
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Armed with sunscreen and good books - 12/26/06 05:00 PM

Have fun girlfriend....we will expect a full report when you return; even if you didn't take us with you...sob...sob...JJ

Re: Armed with sunscreen and good books - 12/31/06 04:05 PM

I'm back!

We had a great time. The sun was shining everyday, the weather was in the 80's during the day and 60's at night. Food was fantastic and we ate plenty (gained a few pounds) and had a couple of margarittas on the beach.

I read 4 books (anyone here ever read The Glass Castle? I loved it) and wrote in my journal everyday. I am so relaxed and re-energized. This was just what the doctor ordered!

Missed you gals.

Ann
Posted by: Dancing Dolphin

Re: Armed with sunscreen and good books - 12/31/06 04:26 PM

Oh that sounds just perfect, Ann! I can just see you laying on the beach reading, and reading, and reading. I did that one time on a vacation, and it is so relaxing. Welcome back!

Re: Armed with sunscreen and good books - 12/31/06 10:40 PM

Sounds like the perfect way to end one year and begin another. I've never read that book. What other ones did you read and where did you stay?

Re: Armed with sunscreen and good books - 01/01/07 06:25 PM

We were in Puerto Vallarta at the Tropicana. It is in the South end, on a beautiful beach. All the great resturants are right there, too.

I recommend the Glass Castle. It is a true story about a family struggling with homelessness, alcoholism and dreams. It sounds depressing, but instead it was very uplifting. The children found there way out of their parents problems and became successful. The author is Jeannette Walls, a journalist.

I also read Beasts of No Nation by Uzondinma Iweala. It is a novel, but based on reality, about a West African boy recruited into a unit of guerrilla fighters during a civil war. It was an enjoyable, albiet a troubling, read.

Also read The Tipping Point (too heavy for beaches) and Ask and It Is Given, by Jerry and Esther Hicks. It was inspirational, but not my favorite book. Finally, Dennis and I read a book on parkinsons disease together.

Yes, a perfect way to end one year and begin another. Great trip, great re-bonding time with Dennis.

I also read

Re: Armed with sunscreen and good books - 01/04/07 01:06 PM

If you liked the GlassCastle, I bet you'd like The Pursuit of Happyness (the movie). Wow, what a reader. My son read The Tipping Point. I haven't gotten to that one yet.
Posted by: Dianne

Re: Armed with sunscreen and good books - 01/04/07 03:15 PM

Anno, you read all these books on vacation? Are you a speed reader or something?

Re: Armed with sunscreen and good books - 01/04/07 08:24 PM

No, not a speed reader, but I don't sleep as much as Dennis, so I am always reading in the mornings and evenings as well as at the beach. And of course, on the flights.

I did not finish two of the books, tho, just need lots of variety.