Back from a short vacation!

Posted by: Pam R.

Back from a short vacation! - 12/10/06 12:47 AM

Well girls, one week in Florida is not enough!! Unfortunately, we had 2 full days of rain and it was a bit chilly and windy on the east coast as some of you Florida gals must know. It was nice to get away and sit at the beach and pool for 3 days out of the week. We did visit a relative on one of the rainy days and shopped on the other. I even got 3 Christmas gifts while vacationing!! I packed them well and put them in my carry-on for the trip home.

I couldn't believe how I found myself thinking of BWS each night! My routine of logging on and chatting or even just reading all your posts was missing! Gee...I really do like this place!
Posted by: Eagle Heart

Re: Back from a short vacation! - 12/10/06 12:52 AM

Welcome back! Sorry to hear about the rainy weather - that's disappointing if you were going for some sun and warmth. We go to the Caribbean almost every February (it's hubby's "sacred cow") for several weeks. The past couple of years we've had at least one whole week that has been cold and rainy for days at a time...we always feel badly for anyone vacationing there for just that week!

Anyway, I know what you mean about missing this place when you're away...it really does become an integral part of your life, doesn't it!
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Back from a short vacation! - 12/10/06 12:56 AM

Welcome back Pam! I use to go to the beach all the time (we live fairly close, 7 hours) and I loved it. My thing is the mountains now...Glad to hear you had a good time despite the weather not cooperating. Also glad you're home safe, sound, and relaxed.

JJ
Posted by: Dianne

Re: Back from a short vacation! - 12/10/06 03:01 PM

Welcome back, Pam. It's cold here so rain actually sounds good to me.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Back from a short vacation! - 12/15/06 11:30 AM

Ah, a week in Florida sounds wonderful. Isn't it nice ti have a break in routine? What part of Florida.

Speaking of missing the forums. One of my first questions of Ross when he plans a trip is, "Do they have internet access?"
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Back from a short vacation! - 12/20/06 08:16 PM

Funny but when Pam said she would think of the forum at night, because not a day goes by that I don't drop by to see whats going on. I find myself thinking when something occurs in my daily life, "Oh I have to tell my sisters at BWS about this." Its as if you are all my best girlfriends and my husband and even my kids, all rolled up in one wonderful group of women. My entire life seems to start and end somehow in this forum, one way or another. When they one day find me passed on, they are going to have to pry this computer from my cold dead hands. Thats sick, I know its sick and I don't care. I have never had an addiction, so why not now? You BWS ladies are better that anything else I can think of to be addicted to...
Posted by: Louisa

Re: Back from a short vacation! - 12/21/06 04:04 AM

You're right, Chatty. It's not a bad addiction. I'd love to post during the day and sometimes just check it out, pop in for a minute to see what's up, but I don't post from work. I visit at night and first thing in the morning.

Louisa