Blarney Boomer

Posted by: jawjaw

Blarney Boomer - 03/01/06 07:55 PM

Top of da Mornin' to ya Lassies...Guess what? This boomer is going to Ireland! Yep!

A girlfriend of mine, Nancy, was named Employee of the Year at her company. This is the same company I worked at for 25 years and was laid off in July, then retired from in February. Nancy's award was a trip for two anywhere. She chose Ireland AND asked da Queen here to go with her. Wuhooo!!!!

Nancy and her hubby had just returned from a three-week trip to Thailand, so he was glad to give up his seat to Ireland, and I was glad to accept!

We go Sept. 28 - Oct. 5th.

Look out Ireland.................

JJ
Posted by: Dianne

Re: Blarney Boomer - 03/02/06 08:12 AM

Oh WOW! How lucky are you? Can I hide in your suitcase? My sister loved Ireland and if you want to know anything she saw that was special, let me know.
Posted by: smilinize

Re: Blarney Boomer - 03/02/06 08:22 AM

JJ, I have read so many posts where you said visiting Ireland was your dream and here you are at realizing it at midlife. Just goes to show how life is just getting started for us boomer babes.

Wooohoo. Watch out Emerald Isle!!

smile
Posted by: TVC15

Re: Blarney Boomer - 03/02/06 08:33 AM

That is so great!
And what a friend Nancy must be!
JJ, You are one lucky lady!

PS: Can't wait to hear the stories you are sure to bring home with you!

Re: Blarney Boomer - 03/01/06 09:34 PM

Well, being the Queen of Blarney, what better place to go, am I right? Ireland is my ancestoral home, and I understand there are still 10 families there from my line, so I hope to meet at least some of them.

Nancy is a great friend and a good traveling companion...she always laughs at my jokes. What's not to love ....teehee....

I'm truly blessed!

JJ
Posted by: Sherri

Re: Blarney Boomer - 03/01/06 09:57 PM

What a wonderful opportunity. I just bet you will find lots of funny storied in your adventure!

Sherri
Posted by: NHJackie

Re: Blarney Boomer - 03/02/06 01:18 AM

JJ, that is just wonderful news! I love it when someone's fondest wish comes true like that.

Bet you're counting the days until September.
Posted by: Evie

Re: Blarney Boomer - 03/02/06 01:44 AM

This is awesome!!! I am so hiding in your suitcase.......along with Dianne, if she'll move over a little so I can squeeze in there [Razz]
Posted by: Bluebird

Re: Blarney Boomer - 03/02/06 02:03 AM

Very happy for you, JJ! And you deserve to have such a great friend.
Do you have a digital camera?
Just got this song in my head that we sing at church. It's about Mary appearing in Knock, Ireland and the first line is "Golden rose, Queen of Ireland..." Don't go thinking that's you! [Wink]
Posted by: AvalonBlondi

Re: Blarney Boomer - 03/02/06 02:33 AM

JJ...what fabulous news!!! I am so excited for you...and to be able to make that trip with a girlfriend is simply over the top fabulous!!!

I have been to Ireland twice to visit relatives...and have only traveled in the south...Galway being my ancestoral home...the people there are so friendly and warm and welcoming...after 15 minutes I felt at home...for real...get ready to go off of your diet for that trip ...carbs are a way of life over there...but it will be well worth it, I assure you...and polish up your vocal chords because you can't find a pub over there that isn't filled with the sounds of lilting irish voices in song...you are in for the time of you life Queenie!!!...It couldn't be happening to a nicer girl.. [Smile]
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Blarney Boomer - 03/02/06 02:40 AM

Queenie, what fun news.

Boomer babes traveling at midlife. Does it get any better?

What a dear friend Nancy must be.

Mom died on St. Patrick's Day. My maiden name is McNamara, plus Mom's birthday was Otcober 5th, the day you'll be coming home. How cool is that?
Do some Irish dancing for the McNamara's BAnd!
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Blarney Boomer - 03/02/06 06:36 AM

So thrilled for you to be realizing this long time dream of yours....Yahoo!!!
I figure Ireland has survived famines, pestulance, wars of one kind or another but is this green prestine country ready for the blarney of the master, our Boomer Queen of comedy, Ms JJ?? Oh and surprise theres a wee little one coming you way to help you earn the green....HUGS [Razz]

[ March 01, 2006, 10:50 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]
Posted by: Pam Kimmell

Re: Blarney Boomer - 03/02/06 05:40 PM

Well Madame Queen you already know how excited I am for you and Nancy to make this trip together BUT I'll gladly do the happy dance for you again and again! I loved Ireland - such a beautiful country and such friendly, warm people. I'd go back in a heartbeat....

I'm sure you will come back from this adventure armed with TONS of "Queenisms" and great stories you will gladly share with we who populate your Queendom?????? Good!
Posted by: Danita

Re: Blarney Boomer - 03/02/06 07:16 PM

J.J....

How amazingly exciting! This will be a trip of a lifetime! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Danita

p.s. I put your package in the mail yesterday!

Re: Blarney Boomer - 03/03/06 03:43 AM

Thanks Ms D...I'll watch for it. And thanks to you all for the well wishes and such. Is it September yet?

I'm soooo ready!

JJ
Posted by: chickadee

Re: Blarney Boomer - 03/03/06 05:06 AM

What great news...Oh I so love the Irish accent. Soooo happy for you and what a girlfriend that Nancy is. Kiss the Blarney Stone for me would ya?
chick
Posted by: diamond50

Re: Blarney Boomer - 03/04/06 01:12 PM

JJ, wonderful!! That's one place I've always wanted to visit.
And by the way, how was their trip to Thailand?

Re: Blarney Boomer - 03/04/06 06:16 PM

AvalonBlondi has been a wealth of info, THANKS NANCY!

Chick, most say that I've already kissed the Blarney Stone, BUT... I'll make sure I kiss it AGAIN for ya...and even take pic's!

Diamond, they LOVED Thailand. Nancy said the people were so friendly and gracious, everything was beautiful there, and the food was deelish! One of the people traveling with them was from Thailand so they really got to see things up close and personal, so to speak.

JJ
Posted by: AvalonBlondi

Re: Blarney Boomer - 03/05/06 12:11 AM

JJ...no need to thank me..my goodness...I am sooooooo thrilled for you...my dream is to take a fab trip with one of my girlfriends...until that happens..I am going to live vicariously through you... [Smile] [Big Grin]