traveling for Thanksgiving?

Posted by: Dotsie

traveling for Thanksgiving? - 11/22/05 02:34 AM

Anyone traveling for Thanksgiving? The only one traveling in my family is now home! I picked him up from the airport today. Woohoo. He's home until Sunday!
Posted by: Bluebird

Re: traveling for Thanksgiving? - 11/22/05 02:53 AM

Not me. My kids are all here and we will have 2 extra young people, possibly a third.
I'm happy that your son is home, Dotsie. Have a blast!!
Posted by: Dianne

Re: traveling for Thanksgiving? - 11/22/05 03:38 AM

Believe it or not, I'll be home this year. I'm doing all of the cooking!
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: traveling for Thanksgiving? - 11/22/05 04:41 AM

Protest as I did to myself, I have decided to stay home and cook. I got the bug!!!! Told my family they were all welcome to come ever if they wanted to but I was invited to their homes so I think we will all make our own meals and possibly visit another time. This town is such a madhouse traffic wise during the holidays and the drunks on the road are frightful. My family all live an hours drive away and I am just not in the mood to fight the traffic etc. I have 4 old timers coming from the Nursing home a couple blocks away and am housing 3 extra dogs right now from the SPCA, so I have to be here. This is my kind of Thanksgiving anyway, being able to give to others...I enjoy being in my own home on holidays and have already put up some festive Christmas decorations...and am baking. [Wink]
Posted by: NHJackie

Re: traveling for Thanksgiving? - 11/22/05 04:54 AM

My kids are both coming here from New York. The only traveling we have to do is to my mother's on Thanksgiving. It's about an hour and a half from here, but we're down there so often it doesn't bother us. I just hope the bad weather they're predicting is rain and not snow.
Posted by: Pam Kimmell

Re: traveling for Thanksgiving? - 11/22/05 03:54 PM

No traveling for me this year either....others are coming HERE! My sister from W. Virginia and my brother-in-law and his wife from Maryland. Hopefully the predicted snow will NOT happen. Might not effect my brother-in-law's drive here but certainly my sister's. I'm looking forward to that turkey dinner. It's one of my favorite meals to prepare!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING BOOMERS [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: traveling for Thanksgiving? - 11/22/05 07:28 PM

I'm flying to Oklahoma on Thanksgiving Day, thus, at least not cooking! Also, my father is getting married Saturday, so it will be a very busy long weekend. Yet, I will my animals!

Ya'll have a great Thanksgiving!
Posted by: TVC15

Re: traveling for Thanksgiving? - 11/22/05 11:27 PM

I'm home this year also!
Posted by: countrygirl51

Re: traveling for Thanksgiving? - 11/22/05 11:45 PM

Mom wants to try one more time to have Thanksgiving at her house, even though her health isn't too great these days. So I promised to go out early in the morning and help her. Which means I will be doing my cooking on Wednesday while babysitting two of my grandkids all day while their mom is at work. I'm fixing a small turkey, caramel cake, scalloped potatoes, and whatever else I find time for. I have a feeling it will be the last time we go to the farm for a big holiday dinner. Mama just isn't able to do that much work anymore. And she refuses to just rest and let us do it for her. My house is way too small to have it here, we'd be sitting in layers on my sofa. LOL.
Have a happy turkey day everyone!
Posted by: smilinize

Re: traveling for Thanksgiving? - 11/23/05 12:27 AM

We're traveling to Mom's then to a nieces for a huge family Thanksgiving. Mom has been very ill and has fallen several times. I hope this is not her last holiday season, but I worry that it might be.

I'll be praying for a wonderful holiday for all boomers everywhere.

If anyone is in prayer, please remember my Mom. I would really appreciate it.

Happy Thanksgiving!!
smile
Posted by: travelchick

Re: traveling for Thanksgiving? - 11/23/05 02:04 AM

Surprisingly, I'm staying home this Thanksgiving (well, having dinner out at local restaurant--I don't cook Thanksgiving meal for just the 2 of us). Christmas is another matter--going to California on Dec. 23rd (my birthday).

You ladies have a lovely holiday!!!
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: traveling for Thanksgiving? - 11/23/05 02:28 AM

smile, your mailbox is full. Tried emailing you about your mom.