Going again

Posted by: Louisa

Going again - 11/10/05 06:58 AM

I'm off again to FL. for a week. Won't be around. Hope the weather is warm. I'm in the mood for some sunshine. Disney, here I come.
Louisa
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Going again - 11/10/05 11:28 PM

Have fun with the mice.
Posted by: travelchick

Re: Going again - 11/10/05 11:33 PM

Louisa--I'm so jealous. I love the Mouse House more than my own at times. I'm also off to Florida on Saturday but won't be staying long--am getting on Princess Cruise for a week. Have fun!
Posted by: Danita

Re: Going again - 11/10/05 11:34 PM

Melody,

Are yo taking ME ME ME ME ME?

d.

Re: Going again - 11/11/05 01:40 AM

Don't you wish--did you take me to Hawaii with you?!!!!
Posted by: Lynn

Re: Going again - 11/11/05 05:23 AM

Have fun girls!

I will be going to Florida this January to visit a very dear friend that I have not seen in 20 years.

You probably don't believe that she can be a very dear friend if I have not seen her in that long but it is true. We talk often, email and when we lived in Key West we formed a wonderful foundation that has sustained us for that long.

It is strange to see someone after so long. I try to imagine what changes in maturity, age, personality will be seen and how it will be seen. Fortuantely we are close enough that I will learn all of this.

Lynn

Re: Going again - 11/12/05 03:43 AM

Your trip sounds great--wish I could get in touch with friends I knew 20 years ago, but alas, they all seem to have dropped off the face of the earth (or was that me, since I'm the one who left good old Ashland, Ohio!).
Posted by: Sadie

Re: Going again - 11/12/05 06:03 AM

I have friend that moved to Fla and have never heard from her sense . I think there is a sink hole in Fla . they move and never hear from them again. I just don't get it. Do you !

I believe in keep in touch with friends . You family may forsake you , but what are friends for somethings that is the only family you have . For example me. I had a friend another one whom said she was to busy for me anymore . Cry! [Frown] She was working and watching here grandchild . [Frown]

[ November 11, 2005, 10:06 PM: Message edited by: Nancy50 ]
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Going again - 11/14/05 04:30 AM

How cold is that??? I am as busy as the tail on a horses behind during fly season yet here I am posting to all my friends plus calling some this morning just to say hey...Nancy50 you're so right and there must be a sink hole somwehere that gobbles up old not so good friends... [Eek!]
Posted by: Bluebird

Re: Going again - 11/14/05 04:53 AM

Nancy, I was the one who moved away from family and friends and have been so good about keeping in touch with them. They don't reply to my emails and never call. It works both ways!!
Posted by: Fiftyandfine

Re: Going again - 11/14/05 05:26 PM

Lynn,

You will have a ball! Although I kept in touch with two of my high school buddies via letters and e-mail, it was more than thirty years before we were able to physically get together. Our lives took vastly differing paths, but our friendship sustained us, and I count myself so very honored to have two friendships that have lasted a majority of my life. A precious, precious gift.

As for the sinkhole, nah, I'm at least one example that ain't the case here in Florida. Since I moved here, a ton more family and friends have been in touch or have visited. Lots of people who used to rarely e-mail me write to find out the latest on hurricanes and housing prices [Big Grin] . Distant (Canadian) relatives have managed to visit (hadn't seen some of them since I was 2!) And old friends just keep on keeping in touch like they always did. And now, to make my Florida life even better, I've even got all my new online friends!
I mean really, I've been thinking about visiting Vegas because I've got a brother there--and Chatty can be the icing on the cake! And when I head back to Colorado (which I do at least annually) now there's Bluebird, and Danita, and travelchick, and... to think about too!
I LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT! Life is definitely improving.Can y'all tell I'm home, and much better rested this week ? [Wink]
Posted by: chickadee

Re: Going again - 11/14/05 09:05 PM

Absolutely Fifty, and no one deserves it more than you! PM me when you get a chance.
chick