All Things ROAD Island

Posted by: jawjaw

All Things ROAD Island - 11/09/04 08:31 AM

Yuhooo...to read about my latest adventure, my trip to Rhode Island, go to http://www.allthingsroyal.blogspot.com

enjoy!

JJ
Posted by: Pam Kimmell

Re: All Things ROAD Island - 11/09/04 03:27 PM

WHAT A HOOT! Ladies make sure you read DA QUEEN's blog update - this trip of hers was interesting from start to finish. Leave it to our Queen to make an impression on the Cape - bet they will be talking about her visit for a long time to come. This is sooooooo hilarious!

WELCOME BACK JJ! We missed ya. [Razz] [Razz]
Posted by: Sher

Re: All Things ROAD Island - 11/09/04 05:18 PM

Loved it, JJ. And that Bombeck quote is so inspiring to me.
Posted by: DonnaJ

Re: All Things ROAD Island - 11/09/04 06:24 PM

Good stuff - as usual! Dotsie has a wonderful idea - check out the local newspapers and magazines in that area. I'm sure they'd get a kick out of your musings!

Donna
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: All Things ROAD Island - 11/09/04 11:36 PM

JJ you are not called the Queen for nuttin girl...Hilarious stuff. [Wink] I am so happy I'm one of your projects for 2005. What is your favorite food anyhow? [Confused] And no I don't know how to cook OREO'S, he he!!! Gotta love you lady. [Big Grin]
Posted by: Maggie

Re: All Things ROAD Island - 11/09/04 11:40 PM

Great story. Your adventures are so exciting.
Maggie

Re: All Things ROAD Island - 11/09/04 11:49 PM

ah now, go on with ya Maggie...my life exciting? HA! If you only knew...but thanks for thinking so.

Ms C my favorite food is spagetti! I love that stuff. I DO NOT..UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES...LIKE MEATBALLS though. I cannot stand um...Spagetti, salad, french bread...hog heaven....tums...

If you're wondering what we are talking about, I told Ms C one of my goals for 2005 was to meet her and have her cook for me. Hey, I'm a Queen, k?

JJ

Re: All Things ROAD Island - 11/10/04 12:09 AM

Queen, you certainly picked the easiest thing in the world for me, Spaghetti! I do make the sauce from scratch and let it simmer for hour until its like piping hot, slithering lava creeping over the cheese laden pasta. Thick and scrumptous. No meatballs huh? I can live with that. How about Chicken Catchatore, it goes so well as a side with spaghetti and the meat literally falls off the bones. Sheesh, now I'm hungry, gotta go eat something.... [Roll Eyes]

Re: All Things ROAD Island - 11/10/04 12:20 AM

OKAY! That works for me...good grief, if I left now I'd be late!

I can't wait to meet my 2005 goal!

JJ
Posted by: Lynn

Re: All Things ROAD Island - 11/10/04 01:16 AM

JJ- I have family on Cape Cod and know the area you traversed fairly well. Enjoyed the read.

I know you had a great time. And I'm sure they could not understand your southern drawl. They think I have a southern accent for god's sakes.

Nice to have you home.

Lynn

Re: All Things ROAD Island - 11/10/04 01:24 AM

How cool is that? I wish I had known their names...I would have called them and said, "come get us...we're lost...again." You are right though. Every where we went the minute I opened my mouth someone would say, "where are you from?" Finally, in Barnes and Nobles, a gentleman helping me find a book I wanted asked me that question. I said "New York, why do you ask?" He didn't know what to say until I started laughing. Life is fun, eh? [Wink]

JJ
Posted by: Sher

Re: All Things ROAD Island - 11/10/04 02:25 AM

Hello,

My name is Jaw Jaw and I'm the Rhode Island Visitor's Guide Playmate of the Month for the November.

My turn ons are writing for Oreo's, spaghetti, firefighters, estrogen slushies and long walks in hurricane force winds.

My turn offs are giant man-eating sharks, drunken direction-giving Ted Kennedy types, map reading in the dark and regularly being mistaken for Dolly Parton.

If you're looking for a good time, call me. That is as long as your idea of a good time involves Dunkin Donuts and teaching sign language to dim wits for fun and profit.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: All Things ROAD Island - 11/10/04 04:32 AM

Ya'll are nuts...and I love it! Thanks for the laughs. [Big Grin]

Re: All Things ROAD Island - 11/10/04 05:29 AM

Sher I could hear your breathless voice describing JJ and had to fall out laughing. We definitely have 2 comedians in this group. No one can ever call the Boomer women "stuffy." [Big Grin]
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: All Things ROAD Island - 11/12/04 12:48 PM

Jawjaw, funny as always!
Posted by: Dianne

Re: All Things ROAD Island - 11/13/04 08:08 AM

JJ, you should do stand-up comedy. I'm serious. There aren't too many writers (very few actually) that can make me laugh out loud. You are so talented.

Re: All Things ROAD Island - 11/13/04 08:30 AM

wow...thanks! But let me tell ya, I write a lot better than I talk. I ain't funny in person. I'm quiet, shy, reserved...a liar.

JJ
Posted by: TVC15

Re: All Things ROAD Island - 11/13/04 08:44 AM

Jawjaw, Please stop! I'm laughing so hard my sides are hurting. Dianne is right though.

Off topic, I was curious, when you do your columns, do they provide a topic for you or do you have free reign to write about whatever you'd like?

Re: All Things ROAD Island - 11/12/04 09:12 PM

Good question...

I've been lucky enough that the first year, everything I wrote was off the cuff and I just sent it in. They loved me, and worshipped at my feet. Okay so maybe they didn't, but they did accept whatever I sent in.

THEN....a new editor arrived. She tells me what the theme is for the month, and then I go off and write whatever. Here's the part hardly anyone knows...90% of what I write comes from true life experiences...thus, the Queen of Experiences.

I'm dying to write a piece on the time I took 7 ex-lax and played a softball STATE tournament wearing white shorts and red top. Let's just say I covered first base...k?

So far, she's hasn't given me anything along those lines. The other two editors give me full reign. I'm looking for a fourth pub to write for, so if you know of anyone looking for a family-friendly, one of a kind, fluffy yet cute, modest and humble (what?) humor writer...send them my way, k?

JJ
Posted by: TVC15

Re: All Things ROAD Island - 11/12/04 10:31 PM

If I hear of anyone out there like that, You'll be the first to know about it! [Smile] But honestly, if you keep going the way you are, I think they are going to come knocking your door down, very soon!
Posted by: Dianne

Re: All Things ROAD Island - 11/13/04 12:59 AM

Truthfully, and I wouldn't blow smoke to make you feel better...I think you're funnier than Erma Bombeck. I'm serious. She would have some good zingers but you have a ton of them in just one piece. You could write a best seller. AND SHOULD.