Airline tickets PLEASE HELP ME

Posted by: Thistle Cove Farm

Airline tickets PLEASE HELP ME - 07/12/04 07:35 AM

Dotsie - is your husband a travel agent? Can he help us?

Dave and I need to buy airline tickets to Alaska and we're having a very difficult time getting help.

If someone can help us PLEASE, I'M BEGGING YOU! <g>

my e-mail is (but you'll have to type it in without the spaces) bricbenn @ netscope. net

THANKUTHANKUTHANKU! THANKUVERYMUCH!
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Airline tickets PLEASE HELP ME - 07/11/04 10:31 PM

No he isn't a travel agent. He just loves to plan trips for family and friends. He isn't here right now but I'll get soem good sites from him and post them for you. Ross to the rescue!
Posted by: Thistle Cove Farm

Re: Airline tickets PLEASE HELP ME - 07/11/04 10:54 PM

1. Expedia or cheap tickets or any of those other "discount" ticket places are almost twice what it is when going directly to the airlines we'd like to use.

2. When doing directly to the airlines we'd like to use, they want us to use the internet. I don't like using my credit card on the internet. I don't believe *any* site is "secure". As a matter of fact, I believe "secure web site" is an oxymoron.

3. When I finally DO get a real, live, breathing human being on the telephone, they sound about 14.5 years of age and act like *I'm* the idiot because I need help. The little twerp doesn't seem to grasp the fact that it's *because* I need help, that HE has the job.

4. When I went to the delta.com site, it gave me about 2 dozen "possibilities". I don't want "possibilities", I want an itinerary based upon my needs.

A huge part of the problem is the kids who have the computer help jobs have grown up with computers attached to their hands. They don't realize how difficult it is for a non-computer person to navigate an unknown territory. They become annoyed and short tempered because people like me needs help. And people like me want to reach out and touch them...up close and personal.

Hey Queenie...what's Gweedo's number? <lol> And don't tell him I spelled his name wrong, please, pretty please?
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Airline tickets PLEASE HELP ME - 07/12/04 03:56 AM

Hey Teacher Thist...you didn't spell his name wrong, he is from Alabama...remember?

Did you find the help you needed?

JJ
Posted by: Lynn

Re: Airline tickets PLEASE HELP ME - 07/12/04 05:55 PM

Thistle,

Why don't you try an old fashioned travel agent? I ahve one here in my town that I use frequently because I try to travel at particular times that the internet does not give that kind of flexibility. It costs me an additional $15. per ticket to use the agent but the airline prices are the same as expedia.com etc. I jsut get my departure times when I want them instead of packaged. Try it!

Lynn