San Francisco

Posted by: Dotsie

San Francisco - 02/02/04 11:28 PM

My husband is taking my youngest son and a couple of his friends to San Francisco to do some skateboarding (the kids, not my husband) [Eek!] .

Any ideas or thoughts from people who've been there?

The guys plan on visiting skate spots they've seen in their videos. What other suggestions do you have for a man and four, 15-16 year old boys?
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: San Francisco - 02/04/04 01:35 PM

I was most recently in San Francisco 18 months ago, and I have to say I never once thought about skateboarding. Then, I don't have teenage boys either...but it's a really great city.

I don't think I'm being very helpful. Why did I answer this post, anyhow?

[Roll Eyes] cuz it's 2:35am and my brain is on autopilot??? NOBODY ANSWER THAT [Razz]
Posted by: smilinize

Re: San Francisco - 02/04/04 05:52 PM

Meredith, you know San Francisco never inspired me to skate board either. I can see my grandsons getting excited about those hills though.

smile
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: San Francisco - 02/04/04 07:01 PM

Meredith, My husband wants to do something other than just watch the guys skate. Any suggestions for things he could drag them to? Are there any studios or funky museums that would interest young guys who skate, film and make videos? Maybe they could hit a Giants game. Hmm, that's an idea. Any others? [Wink]
Posted by: swimbo56

Re: San Francisco - 02/07/04 05:00 AM

Dotsie, when are they going? I've only been once but it was a great day! I went skating in Golden Gate Park. They must ride the cable car, go on the "windy" street, Giradelli Square for chocolate, Fisherman's Warf, China Town, and if they can to go over the Golden Gate Bridge and into wine country. Of course a boat ride, especially sailing in the Bay is fun. Yes, a Giants game would be fun if it's summer. It's not too far to Stanford either. They could college hunt at the same time. Even if they wouldn't want to go, they would have something to compare other ones with. I only wish I were going. I went back in the summer of 1979 but I can still remember having a great time and would love to go back anytime.