away during the holidays

Posted by: Dotsie

away during the holidays - 12/31/03 04:38 PM

This time last year my family and I were in sunny Florida visiting my sister and her family. [Big Grin]

While we had a great time, laughed, ate, relaxed, sunned, and basically had lots of fun, we decided there's no place like home for the holidays.

We felt like we missed a little something by being away from the Christmas cheer we were accustomed to.

Anyone else like being home as opposed to traveling for the holidays?
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: away during the holidays - 01/01/04 12:58 AM

I HATE traveling during the holidays! I hate the crowds and the long lines at the airport, and paying extra for motels etc. just because it's holiday season. Since I'm self-employed, I can pretty much take time off (provided I have time!) whenever.
Posted by: Lynn

Re: away during the holidays - 01/01/04 03:33 AM

I don't mind traveling during the holidays but since my husband is pilot, we avoid the airport crowds. But I do prefer to visit folks when it is warmer outside so we are not stuck in a house all the time.

Then again, I can go south any day of the week. Just say the word and I am packed!!! That is the place for the holidays. It is great to Christmas shop in a t-shirt without running to the car in the bitter wind. YUK!
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: away during the holidays - 01/05/04 12:42 AM

Lynn, is your husband still a pilot? Was he working during the Spetember 11th tragedy?

Also, what's happening with the vintage airplane you guys bought wehn you went to California?