Missin' Lynn and Candice

Posted by: Dotsie

Missin' Lynn and Candice - 11/12/03 04:41 PM

Don't know about you gals but I'm missin' Lynn and Candice in here. Just think [Wink] they're busy running around Italy and driving across this beautiful country! Lucky ducks [Big Grin] .
And here we sit at our computers. There's something wrong with this picture! [Eek!]
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Missin' Lynn and Candice - 11/12/03 10:34 PM

The only thing I am missing is the fact I AM NOT WITH THEM! ha! I'm sure they are bringing us all something back though. Don't you think? [Wink]
Posted by: Lynn

Re: Missin' Lynn and Candice - 11/13/03 03:41 AM

I"M BACK!!!!

I was so touched to see that I was missed. Actually made me teary. Can't go into details because the laundry is piled sky high.

Please know that this trip was the most magical experience. Our little family crammed into a Penske truck and travelled around for 10 days with an airplane in the back. We were with each other constantly and loved every minute. I am so grateful for the ability to be distracted and enjoying life so fully for a change. God knew we needed it and he provided. The memories we made will last a life time. My little son, 4, was a great traveller. He was up for it all. He couldn't figure out time zones but hey, it just forced us all to listen to our bodies and not some time piece. Loved It.

And I kept a journal!!! So did John. Can't wait to compare our thoughts.

Will share more later along with can't miss places.

Love ya!
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Missin' Lynn and Candice - 11/13/03 03:50 AM

Lynn welcome home! You didn't say if you just go in today or when? Anyway, welcome back and I can't wait to hear about the trip in more detail. When the laundry gets semi-caught up, let us hear from you, won't you?

Sending hugs!
Posted by: Candice Johnson

Re: Missin' Lynn and Candice - 11/16/03 03:46 PM

Aw shucks guys. I got in yesrterday and since I am still not down with the slepping stuff I am up pretty early for me on a Sunday. I had a great time. Travis had to work most of it, but he had a day and a half to do stuff. The aunt of one of the people Travis works with came along and we hit it off great and had a goo d time going around together. I told her all about this site and the forums, but she doesn't have a computer (yet). She says she plans to get one for Christmas.

Other than the people I met, Florence was very beautiful. A very compact city (30-40 minute walk from ne side to the other), filled with churches and building with frescos (paintings on the walls). I got to see Michelango's David sculptures and paintings by Donatello, Michelango, and others. The dumo church in the main square was beautiful and I climbed all 416 steps of the tower next to it to get a great view of the sun setting over the city (I got to do that withe my husband).

Travis company treats us very well. The spouses got to take a tour of several different workhops (mosaics, leather, and paper) and got to see the artisans at work. It gave me a whole new appreciation for the wor. They took great pride in waht they were doing and were very willing to let us walk around and touch things and ask questions. We also went to a villa on the tuscan hillside ofr dinner one night, which absolutely the most beautiful, dream-like, expereine I have every had. There were torches ighting our way up the stairs to the villa, where we walked out onto the patio and could see all of Florence. I can't even begin to describe this place it was that remarkable.

And now for the food. I basically ate my way through the city in between the churches of frecoes. Let's just say that even the restaurants in little Italy in Baltimore don't even come close to the authentic cuisine we had there. My husband had steak that once I had a bite of, I didn't want to go back to what I was eating. We ate lots of gelato as we walked around too.

Everyone spoke Emglish very well so we had no problems. AFter the major Italian casualties in the middle east, we were concerned about our treatment, but we didn't run into any problems. There were a lot of vigils and peaceful demonstrations.

Now I am back and am panicking over the fact that Thanksgiving is coming up shortly andthen there's Christmas!! Hopefully the mad rush won't keep me away from the fourms. I've missed you girls.