I’m going to Tenerife

Posted by: Edelweiss3

I’m going to Tenerife - 04/07/10 08:02 AM

Never heard of it? I never heard of it when I lived in the States either.

It’s a Spanish island off the coast of Africa. It’s a favourite island for many Europeans to flee to because of the perfect climate. All year round it boasts of a sunny and dry 75 °, and is known internationally as the "Island of Eternal Spring."

We rented an apartment with an ocean view. They have some gorgeous golf courses there.

Here is a link to one of them with spectacular views.
Tenerife Golf

It probably costs an arm and a leg to play, so we will probably just look and see. We will do lots of hiking. They are supposed to have beautiful vegetation because it’s a volcano island, sort of like Hawaii.

I’ll be back around the end of April. So till then, Adios Amigos!
Posted by: orchid

Re: I’m going to Tenerife - 04/07/10 02:37 PM

Have a great relaxing time, Edelweiss!
Posted by: Anno

Re: I’m going to Tenerife - 04/07/10 03:14 PM

Have fun! And let me know if it a disabled friendly island. We thought about visiting for a couple of days when we were in Spain, but never got there. It is still on our list.
Posted by: AvalonBlondi

Re: I’m going to Tenerife - 04/08/10 12:17 AM

Bon Voyage Edelweiss you lucky girl!!! Have a fabulous trip and travel safely!
Posted by: Eagle Heart

Re: I’m going to Tenerife - 04/08/10 01:51 AM

Sounds glorious! Bon voyage and I can't wait to see what amazing pictures you bring back!
Posted by: Edelweiss3

Re: I’m going to Tenerife - 04/08/10 08:29 AM

Thank you Orchid, Nancy and Eagle. Anno, I will think of you and Dennis when there, and see if Teneriffa is disabled friendly.
Going shopping now to buy a new bathing suit. I need an iron clad one to make me look 20 pounds lighter. hah!
Posted by: Mountain Ash

Re: I’m going to Tenerife - 04/08/10 01:44 PM

Like EW I look for suitable houses..actually saw one on Monday.Lobster Pot Cottage..how's that for a name ?fish and chips next street
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: I’m going to Tenerife - 04/08/10 02:20 PM

I love the name of that cottage, MA. How wonderful that they are named. I need to name my own little home…Maybe, “Jawjaw’s House of Dust.” Whatttt? Okay, okay….but don’t you love that someone thinks to name their home? How caring they must be.

EW…I’m so jealous of your paradise vacation. I am NOT jealous of having to find a bathing suit. I usually just call Royal Tires and see if they have any spare rubber….

The place you’re going sounds so beautiful and relaxing. I love how you and hubby are taking time to yourselves and nurturing your marriage with “play time” activities and beautiful surroundings. How lovely for you both! You’ll be missed, but we’ll all be sitting in the anxious seats until you return with stories as only you can tell!
Posted by: Eagle Heart

Re: I’m going to Tenerife - 04/08/10 02:23 PM

JJ...Oreo Oasis
Posted by: Lola

Re: I’m going to Tenerife - 04/08/10 05:37 PM

Have lots of fun, EW!!!
Posted by: Edelweiss2

My vacation video - 04/26/10 04:10 AM

Well folks, here it is. I hope the video runs smoothly. If it does't, please let me know.
Teneriffa is certainly an island of contrasts. We stayed in the most beautiful part. but it's only beautiful because the plants and trees get constantly watered. Other parts look like Arizona. Northern Teneriffa looks like a rain forest. It was neat to see a volcanoe, and thank God this one has been sleeping for the last 300 years.
Anno, the island is perfect for handycapped people. It has gorgious wide walks along the ocean, almost as long as the island itself. I'll send you more details.
Enjoy and turn up your volumne.
Posted by: orchid

Re: My vacation video - 04/26/10 04:40 AM

You love your fade-ins and fade-outs. laugh
I'm so glad you both had a great time there. I can see why you escape to go there.

Some parts of the island remind me of the Greek islands abit.
Your video was a love of labour. It shows, Edeleweiss. smile
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: My vacation video - 04/26/10 01:44 PM

Wow...I just took a virtual vacation without spending a dime. I love it. The last surfer, the sunsets, the flowers, even hubby's golf partner (was that a peacock?)...loved it all. Thanks so much for sharing and welcome home, gal!

Re: My vacation video - 04/26/10 07:32 PM

Lol, I know Orchid, I was going a bit wild with those fade in and outs. Actually the program does it for you, so I chose the less time consuming way.

JJ, yes I think that was an Emu or Strauss. Maybe it was Big Bird.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: My vacation video - 04/27/10 12:25 AM

When I was younger and went to the theatre alot they use to show what they called TravelScapes of different goegeous vacation destinations and I have to tell you girl, your video was as beautiful and well done as any of those I saw in the movie theatres. Made me want to pack my bags and call the airline. Just outstanding and I loved all the fade ins and fade outs with circles, hearts and diamond shapes. You are awesome at making videos and I am dead serious about that. Oh and the bird, definitely an emu!
I am going to watch it again now, I thought I saw something in the ocean the first time around so want to go see. Love the music you supplied as well. MY GOD! WHAT TALENT...!

Nope it was just rocks I saw, thought it looked like a stingray!

Re: My vacation video - 04/27/10 07:22 PM

I remember seeing those travel movies too, Chatty. Honestly, putting a video like this together is just about knowing the technicalities. You are giving me too much credit. ...but I do love taking the credit. lol.
Sending you all bunches of hugs. I just told Di that my friends here are in my daily thoughts, and that doesn't stop when I'm on vacation; cross my heart...that's the truth.
Posted by: Sandpiper

Re: My vacation video - 05/17/10 04:02 PM

My goodness Ew, what a fantastic video! Beautiful pictures. No wonder you had a great time. I'm sure you're totally relaxed and refreshed after being in all that beauty. I'm sure your soul is full and happy. Thanks so much for sharing it with us. You do a good job of making the slide show for us. Of course you look lovely as usual.

Re: My vacation video - 05/17/10 09:32 PM

Thanks Sandpiper. I think Teneriffa looks alot like Florida, other than the mountains, of course. :-)

So glad to see you here, I will miss your posts on Facebook, because I'm not on it anymore. Jeez, I wonder if I opted out to quickly. Not sure.