Super Bowl

Posted by: chatty lady

Super Bowl - 02/05/10 11:55 PM

Is anyone going to the Super Bowl? I was invited to go with a group from our church who are driving down in a big motorhome, but I am no sports fan and to sit there with all those screaming, drinking fans is not for me. I wonder if the new blizzards they are predicting will hamper their trip???
Posted by: yonuh

Re: Super Bowl - 02/06/10 02:05 AM

No, I'm not going, but I will watch it on TV, as my Saints are playing. They finally made it to the Super Bowl - first time they've made it all the way since they became a franchise in 1967. In fact, it took them 20 years to have a winning season. We used to go to games with paper bags over our heads, and we called the team the Aints. But I never, ever gave up on them! I am so excited; I've been ecstatic since they beat the Vikings - that was a nail-biter.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Super Bowl - 02/08/10 01:08 AM

chatty, not going, but watching. My sister lived in New Orleans before the hurricane and is a big Saints fan so I'm cheering for them too.

yonuh, I heard on TV that you all called them the Aints. I thought that was funny. I'd never heard that before.

The Who is half time entertainment. Even as a boomer, I'm not too impressed.