extra fees

Posted by: Dotsie

extra fees - 11/18/08 01:51 PM

Has anyone been following the changes in the travel industry? Apparently one airline is charging an extra $25.00 if you need to speak with someone when making your reservations. Is that sad or what?

Other fees are for checking bags, food and drink, and use of blankets and pillows while flying. Good grief. Next, they'll be charging us to use the bathrooms.
Posted by: Mama Red

Re: extra fees - 11/18/08 01:59 PM

I wasn't aware of the $25 to speak with someone...good grief! The last time I traveled it was $5 extra to get some human help. There are days when that is really worth it. $25 tho? Hum, that is another reason to stay at home, eh? The last time I traveled was in July and it was $15 for checking my bag. I thought that was enough...now I'm to way for a blanket? I think not!

I *thought* I wanted to travel and do speaking...maybe not!
Posted by: celtic_flame

Re: extra fees - 11/23/08 01:20 PM

yea thers a good online airline booking service weer you get booking for 1 pennie but by time taxes and bag cheking and the likes are added its over £100 pound its all the wee extras that add up. so it seems cheep but by time your finished its wild.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: extra fees - 11/25/08 07:27 PM

AIr fares are going up and the price of fuel is going down. Also, we were told the price of food was going up due to gas prices. WEll, why aren't they going down now?

Hubby just bought two tickets to Hawaii. He's taking our daughter this summer, but boy were the tickets expensive! I doubt they would come down in price, but it sure would be nice!
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: extra fees - 11/26/08 12:59 AM

See, that's the thing. Gas prices are declining; however, the past year's economic decline has so inclined companies to have not-so-good sales to make up for earlier losses.

I believe these overpaid, fat cat, money spending, candied bottom, CEOs should give up their bonuses to get their companies out of financial ruin rather than us having to bail them out for their overindulgance and slothfulness.

Like the SNL Skit with Amy and Seth. . . "Fix it. Identify another problem. Fix it! Repeat as necessary until it is all fixed!"
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: extra fees - 12/15/08 12:31 PM

More people heading for Vegas again due to the lower $1.67 gas prices. California people drive here for the holidays and I am hearing many hotels are full already with reservations. I hope people don't start splurging again on gas because that will cause the prices to go up again due to demand. I am keeping my frugal driving plan in effect, how about you?