Alaska

Posted by: chatty lady

Alaska - 08/22/08 11:15 PM

Well is all goes well with the work I must finish, I will be heading off to Kodiak, Alaska in September. If all goes well in the planning that is. The 92 year old woman whose book I am ghostwriting really wants to meet with me in person, she and her daughter were extremely happy with chapter one when I sent it to her, completed, a few weeks ago. Oh well, salmon and crab are my two favorite meals and straight out of the freezing cold water to the stove is about as fresh as I will ever get them...
Posted by: diamond50

Re: Alaska - 08/23/08 07:14 AM

Chatty, awesome! I hope the planning goes well!
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: Alaska - 08/23/08 07:24 AM

I'm glad you decided to go. smile Certain opportunities happen only once. You'll have a great time.

Re: Alaska - 08/23/08 11:15 AM

I figure if the Queen could stand it, then so could I...HEY, where the heck is Queen JJ??? It's far too quiet around here withour her and Edelweiss and Dee, don't ya know?
Posted by: Cookie

Re: Alaska - 08/23/08 01:11 PM

Alaska is a beautiful place, Chatty. I use to live there years ago....Land of the Midnight Sun. I'm sure it has changed allot since I've lived there. The Bald Eagles and Moose are magnificent to see close up. I don't care for fish that much, but GOOD FRESH halibut and Alaskan King Crab right out of the water into the frying pan is delicious.
Posted by: Dancing Dolphin

Re: Alaska - 08/23/08 02:27 PM

Chatty, what an adventure! I will be so neat to meet this woman. I'm curious what her book is about, but not sure you're allowed to share. You'll have a great time!

K
Posted by: Anno

Re: Alaska - 08/23/08 05:50 PM

How great, Chatty. If I remember right, the salmon should be running in September, so you will be able to get fresh salmon. I surprised myself by how much I loved the halibut that is cut into nuggets and deep fried.

Hope your plans work out for you. And I am happy your first chapter was so well received.

Re: Alaska - 08/23/08 07:33 PM

Dancing Dolphin I will tell you all about this magnificient book when we visit over dinner on the 28th. She is a marvelous woman whose life has been one unbelieveble adventure after another which makes being her ghostwriter a real pleasure. I get lost in her journals and am striving for people believing they are there with her when they read whats written. Hard work, yes, but such fun!
Posted by: orchid

Re: Alaska - 08/23/08 08:14 PM

If you make a stopover in Vancouver, BC, let me know. smile

Enjoy Alaska and show us some pics!
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Alaska - 08/24/08 03:57 PM

Chatty, I'm thrilled to hear that you will be going. You are going to have some of the most beautiful land in your view each day and air that is so fresh, you'll think they pumped it in from somewhere. Unbelievable. The biggest population of bears is also located smack dab where you are going. However, most of them will be asleep or headed that way when you arrive.

I can't wait to hear you account of things! Pray you don't have to take a bush plane to get to her place, like I did. They weigh YOU as well as the luggage. Somewhere, right this minute, there is a bush plane pilot who is scared to death of Southern menopausal women. He should be. I threatened him within an inch of his life if he tried to weigh me. I meant it.

Re: Alaska - 08/24/08 07:19 PM

I would like to see anyone try to weigh me, in or out of the bushes, LOL.

I had a nightmare last night about the airport, you all know how I hate those places. I have severe anxiety attacks, so I will have to take a bucket of =valium= to get me there...