Celebrating tonight

Posted by: Dotsie

Celebrating tonight - 09/14/07 12:35 AM

Hubby and I walked into town for dinner tonight to celebrate our oldest son's job. Woohoo. He's off our payroll! He graduated college in May, chose to take the summer off, so it's time. Let the good times roll. We will also take him out the night he begins work to celebrate with him, but we thought it was worthy of a dinner out for us because we put him through college.

Now let's see, what else can we celebrate?

What types of events do you and your spouse/family/friends have fun celebrating?
Posted by: lionspaaw

Re: Celebrating tonight - 09/14/07 12:43 AM

Where's he working Dotsie ???
Posted by: Lola

Re: Celebrating tonight - 09/14/07 05:59 AM

YEHEY!!! An abundance of good wishes for your son, Dotsie.
Posted by: diamond50

Re: Celebrating tonight - 09/14/07 07:53 AM

Congratulations on him getting a new job!
Hope all continues to work out well.
Posted by: Edelweiss

Re: Celebrating tonight - 09/14/07 08:12 AM

When the children have good jobs and are able to support themselves; Whew, that was my biggest sigh of relief. Wait till the weddings start and the grandchildren start coming! The celebrating never stops Dotsie!
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Celebrating tonight - 09/14/07 02:17 PM

He is working for a big energy group in Baltimore as an analyst in the commodities group. Don't ask anything else because I don't quite understand all this. He was a Finance major and I am very ignorant when it comes to that topic. I believe he will also work with project management.

Thanks for all the good cheer. It's fun to share personal things with all of you.

Hannelore, weddings and grandchildren? That will be so cool, but I hope I have time before that next stage, only because the kids aren't ready yet.

Carry on and continue to celebrate your families!
Posted by: SharonE

Re: Celebrating tonight - 09/15/07 05:00 AM

We like to celebrate achievements just as much as birthdays, Christmas, anniversaries etc. Big achievements, little achievements... I love them all... New jobs, promotions, student of the week, buying a house, saving for a first car, enrolling in a course or training program, babys first solids, presentation days. Talking about presentation days... I went see my daughter recieve her Certificate IV in Aged Care Nursing and Certificate in Pallative Care last Friday. I was just so proud of her. She is such a hard worker and so deserved her moment in the spotlight. Well done Tracey. We are going to celebrate with a family dinner.
Congratulations to you Dotsie(for putting him through college) and to your son also, that's an awesome achievement for all concerned. Thanks for sharing. Please wish him well for me on his new journey.