YAHOOOO

Posted by: Edelweiss

YAHOOOO - 06/01/07 10:20 AM

It's official!
Our Daughter in Law has made the Olympic Volley Ball Team!
Boy our son is beaming, and as if she knew, our granddaughter has been playing ball all morning. Hmmm, the next little champ?

OH boy...got to order some fan T-shirts for the big home coming!!!! Find a recipe for a champion cake, organize a surprise party, ... CHINA here we cooooome!
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: YAHOOOO - 06/01/07 10:29 AM

Fantastic, how wonderful of an accomplishment and everyone has the right to be proud of her. China, wow!!!
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: YAHOOOO - 06/01/07 10:29 AM

Fantastic, hip-hip-hooray!!!
Posted by: Anno

Re: YAHOOOO - 06/01/07 11:28 AM

Congratualtions! You all must be very proud.
Posted by: Dancing Dolphin

Re: YAHOOOO - 06/01/07 01:01 PM

Wow, what an accomplishment! Will you go to China to see her?

I'm awful with Olympic years - when will it be?
Posted by: Poppie

Re: YAHOOOO - 06/01/07 01:54 PM

Angel a chara...I am delighted for your great news...how cool is that...eh?

Po

Re: YAHOOOO - 06/01/07 06:52 PM

The next Olympics are in summer 2008 in Peking! It's supposed to get unbelievably hot there.

My DIL has had a time adjusting to the high altitude in the Rocky Mountains, but that's what makes the athletes really fit. She is so motivated and ready to take on the world.

We probably won't go to China...Someone has to take care of the baby. Oh well, I'm not too good with really hot climates anyway, so I rather stay home before they mistake me for a roasted Peking Duck.
Posted by: Lola

Re: YAHOOOO - 06/01/07 06:55 PM

Oh, boy! Oh, boy! Oh, boy! Now when I root for the US Team, I can say: "I know her mother-in-law!!!"

Re: YAHOOOO - 06/01/07 06:58 PM

Thanks everyone for cheering with me. Gee, I 'm as proud as if I were her real Mom. I just love her to pieces.
Posted by: chickadee

Re: YAHOOOO - 06/01/07 07:13 PM

Hannelore this is great news. Gee...you think they'd mistake you for Peking Duck?!?

Re: YAHOOOO - 06/01/07 07:32 PM

Haven't you noticed?
Posted by: Anno

Re: YAHOOOO - 06/02/07 01:10 PM

Hannelore, you are always good for a belly laugh.

Go, go, go! Take the grandchild with you. Yes, China is hot (HOT!) but it is such a wonderful culture shock. Bring an umbrella and go.