Anyone have kids who refuse to have regular contact with them?

Posted by: Cindy-B

Anyone have kids who refuse to have regular contact with them? - 01/26/06 08:46 AM

[Confused] Every year I go through the same thing with my children at Christmas time. They get into some twit fit, and then refuse to give christmas gifts, talk, or other wise engage in family activity. Their father left me for another on Dec. 26....17 years ago!!! Then comes the spring thaw...and everything is just green and dandy.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Anyone have kids who refuse to have regular contact with them? - 01/26/06 11:50 PM

Cindy, welcome!

I'm confused (what else is new). Do they refuse contact with one another, or with you?

The day after Chirstmas? What a rotten day to do something like that.

[ January 26, 2006, 03:51 PM: Message edited by: Dotsie ]
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Anyone have kids who refuse to have regular contact with them? - 01/27/06 03:50 AM

Cindy-B, if this is an ongoing thing year after year then I have the perfect solution for you...

Save up all year and book yourself on a cruise or go somewhere wonderful, warm and inviting for the holidays. That can be your present to yourself and let them fend for themselves. You do that and what do you want to bet the next Christmas will be different??
Posted by: Cindy-B

Re: Anyone have kids who refuse to have regular contact with them? - 01/29/06 05:03 AM

Thanks to all who responded. I really think a trip to Las Vegas looks good. For clarification, they speak to each other, they own a house together. They live 500 miles away.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Anyone have kids who refuse to have regular contact with them? - 01/29/06 07:51 PM

okay, gotcha.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Anyone have kids who refuse to have regular contact with them? - 01/31/06 03:49 AM

Check out my website and if you'd like to give me a call when you get here, maybe we can get together. Until now I am a mystery to all, he, he!!! [Razz]