watch out chatty

Posted by: Dotsie

watch out chatty - 11/26/04 06:46 PM

Watch out Chatty...my son came home from college and wanted to get in on the cooking action this Thanksgiving. I think he could give you a run for your money. [Wink]

The television is good for one thing... the cooking channel. He watches occasionally.

He made a twelve pound turkey which he soaked in salt water all night, baked at 500 to brown and then lowered the temp. It was the most moist turkey of all three at dinner.

He made artichoke, spinach dressing with garlic, lemon, brie, half and half, and cheese. YUM!

He also made mashed potatoes with garlic, half and half, and tons of gouda cheese. YUM!

Everything he made was so trendy compared to my tried and true recipes. I realized it's fun to step out and try new recipes with different ingredients for a traditional holiday.

You gotta love that food network channel!
Posted by: smilinize

Re: watch out chatty - 11/26/04 07:42 PM

Chatty, I saw a commercial for people to send in videos to be a 'foodie' or something on the food network I think. Actually I was half awake, but it sounded perfect for you Chatty. You could cook and SING your reicpes and be sexy. You would be a STAR!!
You would be Sooooo good at that. I think you just send in a video. Anyone have better info. Our Chatty would be perfect for it.
smile
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: watch out chatty - 11/27/04 01:18 AM

Smile, I have to admit my favorite channel is the food channel. I love those 30 minute meals and have tried many of them. I'm not sure about the video cooking thingy but do sing when I create, usually. I have't seen what you're talking about but will look for it. What a hoot that would be, singing and slicing sushi or steak!!! Too weird for words. [Eek!]

Re: watch out chatty - 11/27/04 01:59 AM

I hardly ever watch the food channel. It makes me RAVENOUS. But I'm going to try to find that commercial again. There was an online address as I remember. Like I said, I was up in the middle of the night for some reason when I saw it, but I'm pretty sure I wasn't dreaming.

Someone help me out here. This is Chatty's big break. We gotta' get her on there. She would be the best. We can all vote for her then eat up. YUM!!
smile

Re: watch out chatty - 11/27/04 02:07 AM

Okay, looks like I have to do ALL the work around here. But that's okay, I will only expect the usual 50% agent's fee. Right?
Anyway, here's the site. You gotta' do this Chatty. And as soon as you get your stuff in, we're all going to VOTE for you.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/audience_input/article/0,,FOOD_9785_3274202,00.html

GO Chatty!!!
smile

Re: watch out chatty - 11/27/04 02:35 AM

Okay Chatty, I was only kidding about the fee. But could I be a guest taster? Eating is my specialty and I am very good at it.
YUM
smile
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: watch out chatty - 11/27/04 03:01 AM

Smiles hon...you're asking someone here who has one eye on her stove (and don't give a rip) to tell you the name of a cooking show on TV? They have cooking channels? The heck you say! Well, whatda ya know...hm...

I'm going with SMILES on this on Ms C. I think it would be the perfect occupation for you and women across America would LOVE to watch you become an overnight success....

You could be the new CSI - Las Vegas...you know Cooking and Singing In - Las Vegas (CSI) get it?....

JJ

Re: watch out chatty - 11/27/04 07:44 AM

Hey, Now you're thinking JJ. CSI, Las Vegas. I love it. Chatty, come out of that turkey stupor and get on that channel. It's your calling. I just know it. I can't wait.
I'm no cooker, but I will be the Ed McMahan of the cooking show. Yippee. I can't wait. And I work for cheesy grapes and brownies.
smile
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: watch out chatty - 11/28/04 03:45 PM

chatty, have you been to the site? You have to check it out. I'm with smiles. We need to get someone to do a video of you in the kitchen. YOu'll be a shoo-in if you add that you cook for elderly women neighbors and give food gifts to family and friends at Christmas.

Do you think your son or ex will film you. You could sing some too!

Come on chatty. This is your calling. [Big Grin]
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: watch out chatty - 11/28/04 04:06 PM

Chatty! Get serious with this idea. It's tailor-made for you sugar-pie hunny bunch (pun intended). Start small...go to your local TV station and pitch the idea. The Singing Chef...

I love it!

JJ

Re: watch out chatty - 11/28/04 07:29 PM

Chaaatyyyyy,
Not to nag or anything, but HURRY UP. I'm getting very grumpy here. If you don't hurry, they might pick someone else. And that would be AWFUL.

You could sing your recipes. I'll write the songs. You're perfect for this. And you have to let us know so we can all be stars vicariously. The moment your video is in the mail, we're going to send a zillion emails to those foodies. We'll drive them nuts til they pick YOU!!

I am getting very nervous here. If you are not getting your sweet self filmed at this very moment I coming out there with my video camera and knock your door down. (The really bad thing about that is, I might just film you with no make up in your slob robe (you know which one it is. We all have one. It's the faded chenille with soup stains on the front and a torn zipper. It's posting haute couture.) But to avoid that you just need to dress up, smile, sing, and COOK!!

Now GET WITH IT. And for pete's sake, let us know what's going on. We're dying of curiosity here. Inquiring minds want to know. I say, "Get your goregeous self on that TV show."

Don't make me come down there!!!

smile

Re: watch out chatty - 11/29/04 03:12 AM

Alright already, went there and read the WHOLE thing...Now for the bad news. I don't FLY, I am afraid to fly, and will not no matter what. In the aggreement part it says you not only fly once but many, many times back and forth to New York, a city I hate. I had hoped it would be in California, I could drive there. I am humbled by the thought that you all feel I could be the next Food Show Star and would love to try BUT I am smart enough to know my own limits and flying into New York is at the top of that list, it was bad enough before but since 9-11, no way...Me and my cooking stay right here in Las Vegas, feet on the ground...sorry girls. [Frown]
Posted by: Maggie

Re: watch out chatty - 11/29/04 03:23 AM

Oh Darn!! I was looking forward to this one. Perhaps Smiles can find you another one closer to home with no flying.
Maggie

Re: watch out chatty - 11/29/04 03:27 AM

OH NO!
Chatty this has just ruined my whole day. I say you apply, then when you get the gig, you tell them about the no fly zone.
Those people on the food channel are so rich, they could let you do it on in Las Vegas on LOCATION. CSI Las Vegas!! I can see it now.

Heck, they will like you so much they'll just MORPH you to New York!!!

This is AWFUL. I'm going to the garden and eat WORMS!!
smile

Re: watch out chatty - 11/30/04 04:51 AM

Oh my Lord, pleeeeease don't eat worms on my account. I'm sorry to be such a chicken poop about flying but I am a true believer in preminitions and dreams and all that kind of stuff. As a girl I had a reoccuring dream of an airplane crashing with me on board. After years it stopped only to begin again about 10 years ago. I and some friends went to a fortune teller and she told me about my 2 sons, one would be my rock and the other would leave me in pain. This woman did not know me or even if I was married, or had kids. She also told me I would have a long life but to stay away from air travel. I haven't flown since. Back in the 80's I was to be at my mom's home for a vacation and the weather held me up in Illinois in a snow storm. The night I was to be there staying in her back bedroom a light plane crashed into hers and her neighbors home, right between the two. It damaged the room I would have been in. The body of that plane crashed into the kitchen of her neighbors home beheading her neighbor who was sitting in her kitchen. Scary stuff....Lets just say that before I ever fly, those worms in your garden will...sorry!!! [Big Grin]