Easter baskets...

Posted by: Dotsie

Easter baskets... - 04/17/03 02:53 PM

Any other teens out there that still like to get Easter baskets? I think it is great that they are all grown up and still like to get something from the Easter bunny.

It reminds me of when my oldest son and his buddies played ball and were so grown up on the fields... pitching, batting, and playing with such authority...and then they would spend the night at friend"s houses and take their stuffed animals and/or blankets! [Razz] [Big Grin]
Posted by: roxxie

Re: Easter baskets... - 04/18/03 07:10 AM

Dots my mother makes easter baskets for all of her kids.THe 2 younger ones and me 24 brother 20.Who doesnt like candy???I think cols does the same for her adult children.Who says theres no easter bunny!!!!!
Posted by: nillawafer

Re: Easter baskets... - 04/18/03 12:02 AM

i told my kids i was not doing easter baskets this years and my youngest (18) said "mom..no way..this is the last year i will be living at home to get an easter basket and you have been doing them for the other two since they have been gone so i have to get one for at least the next few years!!" the new baskets start for the tiny grandbaby this year.
Posted by: caloona

Re: Easter baskets... - 04/18/03 05:07 AM

I gave Easter baskets to my 27 year old son and 29 year old daughter-in-law when they came for a visit (from Oregon) 2 weeks ago. My son was thrilled "Ma, this is so great-Thanks so much".
We turned around and there was my daughter -in-law crying. She had "never received an Easter basket before." In fact she had said to my son on the plane that she always wanted to have an Easter basket cause she wanted to play with the fake grass. My heart broke and was elated at the same time because I could make her happy.
So I'm here to say I don't know that our kids are ever too old to receive Easter baskets.I know I'll be giving one to my daughter-in-law again. I want to make up for all the years she missed.9I packed a quart baggie of grass as a surprise in her suitcase.)
Funny how what we sometimes grow to accept as "usual" isn't "usual" for others.
Posted by: swimbo56

Re: Easter baskets... - 04/25/03 03:21 AM

You are hearing from the neighborhood Easter Bunny. I can't seem to remember when I didn't fix Easter Baskets. Even in college I made them for my friends and put them outside their dorm rooms. Anyway, my son is in college and I have sent him a basket each year. He loves it. He played the neighborhood bunny 2 years while in HS as did his brother. I have then been it for the past 3. I hope to get my daughter to be next year. Being the bunny means you dress in the bunny costume and attend the egg hunt and take pictures, give out candy, chalk or whatever while all are there for the Annual Egg Hunt. It is fun and keeps me involved even tho my children have "grown up" so to speak. I also take baskets, made of strawberry baskets, to my parents, in-laws, and whatever family members meet for lunch on Easter Sunday. However this year I was bad. I didn't have the energy to put our home baskets together. My daughter went to church and told people she didn't get a basket. I came home and put them together, I had gotten them out of the attic, but just hadn't filled them. Everything was there. Better late than never. So to all those Easter Bunnies out there, everyone likes candy/chocolate and the idea that we are all young and childlike too.