Shriek of Love

Posted by: Edelweiss3

Shriek of Love - 06/29/09 07:47 AM

Got to tell you all a funny story.

Yesterday we went to a baptism.

Our niece, 45 years old, celebrated her first child. The parents never expected a baby at their age and were happily surprised. He’s 67. Anyhow after the ceremony, the father, with his sweet son in his arms, held a speech. He spoke for his son, thanking us all for coming etc. He then said, (as if his son were talking),…

”I never expected to come to this world; but better late than never. My mommy and daddy told me they were crying when I arrived,…I don’t get it; I was happy. But then I took a look at my grandparents (his parents) , and screamed; where’s my mommy and daddy!!!”

As if on cue, his son looked at his father, and let out a horrified shriek. The timing couldn’t have been better. If his father had hair, it would have stood on end. But none of that mattered. These parents will be wonderful; mixing love with their great sense of humour.
Posted by: orchid

Re: Schriek of Love - 06/29/09 12:56 PM

What a charmer of a story. laugh smile Was it caught on video for family archives?
Posted by: Dee

Re: Schriek of Love - 06/29/09 01:25 PM

Wow...what a very cute story and it sounds like that child was born into a great family. what a sweet memory for them to tell their son and how special to be present and see that happen. So cute.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Schriek of Love - 06/29/09 11:02 PM

They must really have a great sense of humor all the way around!!!