My son is getting married today!

Posted by: Josie

My son is getting married today! - 10/11/08 03:39 PM

I only have a second, because there is so much to do to prepare for this evening's wedding between my son and his long time girlfriend.

But I just had to spread the good news to my boomer friends here.

Last night he was at our house for his last "single man" home cooked meal. He alternated between talking about his honeymoon plans.....and playing with a tiny remote control helicopter my husband received at a Harvard seminar last week.

My son was a man one minute, and a boy the next. Tonight he will commit (hopefully for life) his life to another before God, family and friends.

I am overjoyed!!!
Posted by: Dancing Dolphin

Re: My son is getting married today! - 10/11/08 04:19 PM

Congratulations Josie! How exciting for you and your family!

Do you like your new daughter-in-law? I just love mine! I never had any girls, so she's like my new daughter and we get along so great.

Let us know how it went, k?
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: My son is getting married today! - 10/11/08 05:21 PM

Congratulations Josie, to your son and all the people involoved. Thats the way I too got the daughters I always wanted, my sons married them
Posted by: Edelweiss2

Re: My son is getting married today! - 10/11/08 06:49 PM

Have a wonderful time Josie. It's great to be the mother of the groom,...I think it is less stressfull than being the mother of the bride. Enjoy!
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: My son is getting married today! - 10/11/08 07:15 PM

Congrats all around Josie...by the tone of your email, it sounds as if you are very glad of this union and that makes it so "right', doesn' it? So special!

You'll have to give details when you return. Blessings to all!
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: My son is getting married today! - 10/13/08 04:47 PM

Anxiously waiting to hear all about it, and maybe even see a photo or two...

Have you come down from that cloud yet?

Re: My son is getting married today! - 10/14/08 06:19 PM

The spectacular autumn sunset and mirror image lake was the perfect backdrop for the momentous occasion of my son's wedding to the girl of his dreams Saturday evening. The 68 degree temperature added to the perfection...

I had been very hurt when they had decided not to be married in a traditional church, but it truly felt like God himself provided the most beautiful natural church setting imaginable.

The reception was quite festive with an autumn theme as well. I was overcome with emotion when dancing with my son during the mom-son dance. This song is most unique and unknown but listen to it anyway. Some here may want to save it for future reference. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsLlUnUICQM

They skipped the silly garter routine, which I was glad of....

Toward the very end, everyone was given a small flag and we gathered into a large group to wave the flag and sing "God Bless the USA" as recorded by Lee Greenwood. We all got so into it!

Now the happy couple is enjoying their Bahamas honeymoon for a week.

My husband took this week off, so WE can recuperate from the wedding and other family happenings of late.

It's nice to get back to normal again!
Posted by: Edelweiss2

Re: My son is getting married today! - 10/14/08 06:58 PM

Josie, what a lovely video. You did a wonderful job putting it together. I know how hard that is.

Your son is very handsome; but his Mom ain’t bad either. The ceremony sounds lovely.

Enjoy the next chapter in life, which is as rich with love as the chapters before. Oh and I never heard this song before. If that isn’t a tear jerker, I don’t know what is. (sob)
Posted by: dancer9

Re: My son is getting married today! - 10/14/08 07:55 PM

Such a sweet video, and such wonderful photos! I loved it. Congratulations on raising a wonderful son, your new DIL and I wish them the very best in their lives together!
Thank you for sharing.
Dancer
Posted by: gims

Re: My son is getting married today! - 10/14/08 08:03 PM

I love weddings.... so glad your sons was perfect!

Re: Video link resource - 10/20/08 06:55 PM

Just to clarify: The mother-son video link I cited earlier was actually done by someone on Youtube : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsLlUnUICQM

Although my son and his new bride are at least as handsome as the couple used in the making of the Youtube video, I am older and rounder. lol (But my husband thinks I am the hottest looking thing ever, so that's gotta count for something. hahaha)

Anyway, sorry for any confusion.