Self Defense Course

Posted by: hotflashgal

Self Defense Course - 07/02/08 09:58 PM

Has anyone ever taken a self defense course? My daughter is leaving for college in 6 weeks. I am nervous and my son says a bit overprotective, but I think she should take a local course. I want to take it too....can't hurt. I was just wondering if anyone else has taken anything like this.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Self Defense Course - 07/02/08 10:39 PM

I haven't taken a series of classes, but I did take one class. Our oldest son took karate for years and his teachers offered a class for women. It was short and sweet. I think it's a great idea, especially for you to take it together. It certainly can't hurt.

We have a business here that does this exact thing. They also teach gals how to carry themselves so they look more confident, how to mae certain they aren't sending of flirtatious vibes, and several other things. This menopausal mind can't recall the name of it or else I'd share the link. Sorry about that.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Self Defense Course - 07/03/08 01:51 AM

Great idea hotflashgal, my son is a tenth degree black belt and has taught his wife how to protect herself. It is never too late to learn even the basics no matter our ages. You would be shocked what you can do just with your elbow. In this world where ALL women are fair game to the male sickos, we need to be aware and prepared.