I'm a Mom-n-law!

Posted by: Q_ball

I'm a Mom-n-law! - 06/02/08 07:37 PM

Hey All,
A bit over a week ago, 11 months of chaos ended with the most Beautiful Wedding of our youngest to a very Dear to us Daughter-in-law. Not one hic-up in 3 days of actual Wedding events! The best man told my son I was HOT. LOL The other Mom and I get along fantastic, did grocery shopping together for our newlyweds before they returned from a week long honeymoon. Plus, lunch! Anyhow, I have a new job and new DIL, still finding my way back to '?normal?' LOL. Oh yes, Things are getting better for our unmarried older son, he's got a new GF (such a sweetheart too). Now, if I could just straighten DH out? Oh well,,not a lot of time here toady, but did want to drop by and say Hello.
Best wishes to Everyone, Q-ball
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: I'm a Mom-n-law! - 06/03/08 02:27 AM

Your life sounds fascinating and very full. So glad you stopped by to share it all with us, your cyber family!
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: I'm a Mom-n-law! - 06/03/08 01:15 PM

Q ball, I remember hearing about the shower and wedding plans. Glad to hear there's harmony with both sides of the family. That's so important to the newlyweds.

So you're a HOT MIL? How fun is that? I bet that comment made you float for a while.
Posted by: jabber

Re: I'm a Mom-n-law! - 06/03/08 01:35 PM

A "hottie" in the Ozarks; how cool! Glad you love your MIL role and wish you and your wonderful sounding family the best life has to offer.
Posted by: Sandpiper

Re: I'm a Mom-n-law! - 06/03/08 02:04 PM

Congratulations jabber! What fun for you. It's a special time for all of you. Glad you and your DIL get along. Enjoy the ride with it all.
Posted by: Sandpiper

Re: I'm a Mom-n-law! - 06/03/08 02:06 PM

Oopl! Sorry about that. Q ball I hope your family blossoms and just keeps being happy and content in the newness of it all.

Re: I'm a Mom-n-law! - 06/03/08 09:43 PM

Thanks Ladies for all the Well Wishes. This event in our lives has been a blessing. Our newlyweds dated 4 years! So, everyone was more than ready for them to get married already. LOL Whew, LOL as far as the hot MIL from the Ozarks, Yes Dotsie as if I needed another reason, besides total JOY at the marriage of my son, the hang out on Cloud nine was extended by being called hot by a 20 something y/o. Really all I intended was to make my son proud.
Well, I'm going to go back in the forums and do a bit more catching up with everyone. Can't reply as often as I'd like,,hahaha I'm So far behind on everything here. I've sincerely missed this place & all the wonderful friends here. If ya ask me I think we're all pretty HOT in our own way.
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: I'm a Mom-n-law! - 06/04/08 09:24 AM

Congrats to everyone concerned and it just sounds as if everything fell into place, thanks to you and your family. Or should I say "family's?" I think it is so cool that the two of you got together and bought their groceries. What great mom's you are! Congrats!

And any time you can come in here and say hello, please do. Your voice has been missed!

Re: I'm a Mom-n-law! - 06/04/08 05:46 PM

Ahhh, Thanks Queen JJ, that means so much coming from You. I hope to be back more often now. As we speak I'm fluttering around in here, much like a butterfly with too many flowers to choose from. The forums are loaded with happenings I've missed and "friends" I'm anxious to catch up on how things have been going for everyone.
Posted by: Edelweiss

Re: I'm a Mom-n-law! - 06/04/08 07:43 PM

That saying about marrying a family is true. All the better that you get along so well with the MIL. I just love my oldest son's family. We have so much in common. And what is really a riout is that my DIL's Dad and my son't father look so much alike; ... like brothers! I'm so glad you are back joining in our Chit-Chat. You always have something interesting and fun to say.
In case you haven't noticed, I changed my name fromHannelore to Edelweiss.

Re: I'm a Mom-n-law! - 06/04/08 09:04 PM

Edelweiss, It's You Hannelore! Nope I've not been back long enough yet to figure just what all I had missed. Hanne for one (missed her), and I knew I liked this 'new gal' Edelweiss. DUH! LOL Thanks for the info on the name change.
You're so right about marriage blending 2 familes into one per-say. I feel very lucky that the co-mil and I share the same values of family and both want to share our children with each other. So far our differences have only added comedy to the mix. Like her $350 handbag, and my rush at finding one not clearly (price wise) marked on clearance at JCP and the sales gal guessing I could have it for $4.97, genuine leather, SOLD! LOL
At the Wedding reception after all the formal B/G, B/F, G/M dances were over, the DJ played "we are Family" & asked that all family members of the B/G dance! WE did.

I'm so tickled to know who Edelweiss is! I trust it may come off stupid, but is there significant meaning to the new name?
Posted by: Edelweiss

Re: I'm a Mom-n-law! - 06/05/08 06:42 AM

Q Ball, I changed the name, because stupid me, put the connection of my real name to my old forum name, “H”, in BWS. Sooo, just by chance I googled my real name, and lo and behold… I could be found in the forum. I sure don't want any family members to find that.
Oh, and I'm with you Q Ball.... I go for the sales! No way would I spend that kind of money for a handbag; ...even if I had it.

Re: I'm a Mom-n-law! - 06/05/08 10:12 PM

OOh My! No to family members finding our 'girls hangout' online. I try to be careful about that. Not that I say much I wouldn't say right to them or that they don't already know. But, sometimes I might voice something they feel is private or something I've not told them yet. LOL I ran into an old HS classmate the other day and she said she'd google me and nothing came up. She thought it to insult me, HOOT! I was thrilled! & told her so. I have googled my words or a specific date and one of my posts showed up. Ya know the world is such a big yet small place, I'm sure there's othere us's out there somewhere. I know for fact there are 6 other women with my 1st ~ last name in my corner of our state. Ditto the hangbag again, I was floored when the gal a JCP said $4.97 cause it had been $85 & that was even out of my handbag range. I like to have $$ left over to put in a bag. LOL
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: I'm a Mom-n-law! - 06/10/08 08:18 PM

Yep, what good is an empty handbag. Or empty pockets for that matter. Mine are collecting dust right now!