Help! Need t-shirt slogan!

Posted by: Edelweiss

Help! Need t-shirt slogan! - 01/29/08 10:07 AM

The Olympics are starting August 8th. I would like to get some fan t-shirts printed for our daughter in law, and would love to hear some suggestions as to what I could print on the T -shirt.

She will be a part of the USA Volley Ball Olympic team. Her name is Norisha Campbell. Just to give you a little background, she is tall, beautiful, and is the most loving and happiest persons I know.
Her nickname is Nye.

We have tons of pictures of her which we could print on the shirt as well, but I’m looking for some kind of slogan. Help! I’m brain dead!

Posted by: ladyjane

Re: Help! Need t-shirt slogan! - 01/29/08 10:40 AM

Reach(ing) High with (or for) Nye

Reach the Sky with (for) Nye

OMG, Hannelore....I'll try again a little later....I just woke up! By the way, your DIL is indeed beautiful...and we all know how beautiful the baby is!
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Help! Need t-shirt slogan! - 01/29/08 01:17 PM

Here are some volleyball terms to help us think:

dig, attack, hit, kill, serve, volley, slam, ... what else?

Hannelore, are there any slang words that go with the game?

I'm thinking.

What a great idea.

Michael Phelps, the Olympic swimmer grew up down the street from us. He even palyed in our home as a kid. My oldest went to school with him. Look for Michael on the Olympic commercials. Our town is so proud of him. Hannelore, I can't imagine how excited you must be!
Posted by: jabber

Re: Help! Need t-shirt slogan! - 01/29/08 02:17 PM

Nye is flying high! Nye flies as high as an Eagle!
Oh my golly, can Nye ever volley!!!
Our Nye is on the ball...you dig?
Nye's a killer hit and a volley slammer. Nye attacks a serve and slams a volley.
??????
I tried?

P.S., You're right! She is beautiful!
Posted by: Dee

Re: Help! Need t-shirt slogan! - 01/29/08 05:11 PM

Hannelore...first...your daughter-in-law...she's so beautiful!!!! And she has that figure after having a baby? Lord have mercy...she's awesome!!!!

What number is the olympics? Can you combine her image on the shirt with perhaps the olympic logo, the olympic numbers (year) and where the olympics are where she'll be playing and the category...Something classy like that?

In other worse...you could have her face in the center...above her you could have
USA OLYMPIC VOLLYBALL TEAM (YEAR)

Under her photo have her name
and then under that where the town

You could choose your colors and letters in different styles to look really nice.

Good luck and let us know what you end up doing...and give her my best. Let us know when she plays so I can watch. Will you get to be there?
Posted by: gims

Re: Help! Need t-shirt slogan! - 01/29/08 06:24 PM

I have no idea what (if there are) official Olympic colors, but here's what popped into my head with one of my fav color combos... I don't own a software to create freely - have to cut and paste:
Posted by: Mountain Ash

Re: Help! Need t-shirt slogan! - 01/29/08 06:33 PM

hannelore
a print of baby
with
My Mommy is top class.

with Granma help

Let women see being a parent does not stop an athlete.

Two messages in one. A hat trick
MA
Posted by: dancer9

Re: Help! Need t-shirt slogan! - 01/29/08 06:54 PM

She is a beautiful woman and I wish her great luck!
I'm not so good at slang but will be interested in what you come up with!
dancer

Re: Help! Need t-shirt slogan! - 01/29/08 07:07 PM

Well tie me up, roll me over, and call me a volley ball. You gals are gooooood!

There are so many great ideas here. I want to use them all. Gimster, I love the graphic; absolutely cool ! And how did you know that this kind of graphic art is Nye’s style!?! She would love this.

Maybe on the front or the back of the shirt I’ll put the USA Olympic Volleyball team and year, like Dee suggested, and somewhere CHINA, where the Olympics will be taking place.

What’s better, the cool graphic in the front or the back?

Ladyjane and Jabber I like the word “high” rhyming with Nye! Funny gimster used that too. And Dotsie you know more volleyball terms than I do. Thanks for posting them!

Maybe I could put a picture of Anaiya (her baby) on the sleeve of the T-shirt…like a tattoo…haha! Good idea to get the baby in as well Mountain!

WOOOEEEEEE! Can’t wait to get this made and show it to you all. When I get Nye’s official number (great suggestion Dee) then I might just put it on the other sleeve.

Jeez maybe we should get together and open an advertising business. You girls are better than many a professional advertising agency. Thank you all soooooo much . ((((((HUGS)))))))))))

Re: Help! Need t-shirt slogan! - 01/29/08 07:12 PM

I LOVE the logo Gimster...how about using red, white and blue as the colors?

Re: Help! Need t-shirt slogan! - 01/29/08 07:13 PM

Hannelore,
Okay, graphics and clothes I know!
I suggest that since your DIL is a serious athelete that you put the graphic on the back. We who work out for a living or as a full time activity do not care for, usually, a graphic that is too much on the front of our T-shirts. A simple one is classy and a classic but the back is for creativity.

Try to make the graphic a "classic to be." It's much more appealing to an athlete to wear something that leans toward the classic because athletics are something that have been around for a LONG LONG time and they are a classic pursuit.

I always dance in a T shirt and mine are decorated, (if at all,) on the back. On the front, I have maybe a symbol, (like Nike,) or a pony from Ralph Lauren unless I am sponsered which I am a lot and then I have to wear their things.

Just some thoughts. What is the graphic?

dancer

P.S. You are so loving, she'll like whatever you do!

Re: Help! Need t-shirt slogan! - 01/29/08 07:32 PM

YES YES Dee! Red white and blue is the only way! Gimster are you able to change that,...only if it isn't too much bother?

Dancer scroll up, and you'll see the graphic gimster created. Maybe I mislead you in who this t-shirt is for. This t-shirt is more for the " fan club" (family, friends, and neighbours) then for Nye. Of course she'll get one too...but that may make a difference as to how it should look. No? What do you think Dancer?

Re: Help! Need t-shirt slogan! - 01/29/08 08:19 PM

Got it, will go check it out!
D.
Okay,
I love the graphic, I really do! It is good for FRONT, if it is for what you say!
Again, that is a GOOD graphic.

dancer
Posted by: chickadee

Re: Help! Need t-shirt slogan! - 01/29/08 08:34 PM

Keep a Nye on the ball...get it
Posted by: orchid

Re: Help! Need t-shirt slogan! - 01/29/08 08:57 PM

Gimster that is a fab logo! It will last ..well beyond the Olympics.

I agree with dancer, athletes who practice their skill for a living, need classic logos that last for ages (and can withstand the washing machine of multple washes). Most enthusiastic cyclists own/wear something that is bike related.

Hey, you wanna design a logo for my partner's business..? He and 2 other guys are setting up a consulting firm for cycling facility planning and program service delivery. Yes, they have met a lawyer, are filing with govn't authorities to register their business. Yes, they do have a legally registered business name.

Re: Help! Need t-shirt slogan! - 01/29/08 09:52 PM

Just checking in one more time before going to bed. It's almost 11:00 here.
hahaha chick, that IS so clever and funny! Really. Hubby just came up to see what I'm hahaheheing about.
Wow Orchid, that would be cool if gimster got a job out of this!
Posted by: Sandpiper

Re: Help! Need t-shirt slogan! - 01/29/08 10:48 PM

Great logo Gimster! Hannelore your DIL is beautiful and the wee one also. You are terrific for doing all of this for her.

Keep us informed girl!
Posted by: Anno

Re: Help! Need t-shirt slogan! - 01/29/08 11:19 PM

What a wonderful MIL you are Hannelore. How many MILs would think of doing such a sweet thing for a DIL? She is one lucky girl. As well as beautiful!

Re: Help! Need t-shirt slogan! - 01/29/08 11:40 PM

Thank you...
will this work?
(As I mentioned, I have lousy software... she dreams: someday, maybe...)
Of course, any graphic you choose (other than the printer's own) may need touching up to actually look good on a T-shirt - flat graphics don't always transfer to clothing well.
BTW, You have a beautiful family, Hannelore.

Without Date:

With small date:

With large date:

orchid, I'd be honored to help you and your partner - N/C - that is if you were directing your comment to me...
Posted by: chickadee

Re: Help! Need t-shirt slogan! - 01/30/08 12:03 AM

gimster, you are very professional in your work. I simply Love it!! Hannelore, yes your family is beautiful and you are a great MIL.

Re: Help! Need t-shirt slogan! - 01/30/08 12:05 AM

thanks chick... isn't it strange, I don't see it... I see the flaws...

Re: Help! Need t-shirt slogan! - 01/30/08 04:32 AM

Gimster...AWESOME!!! I love the larger date...it balances it out. LOVE the red white and blue!!! Woooo-Hoooo.
I like everything on the front of the T-shirt. I like looking at them as a person approaches. All my T-s have the main stuff on the front.

Hannelore, it's your decision, but I'd go with putting it on the front if it was me. That way when you take photos you're all wearing the logo in the front and it can be seen in the pictures.

Re: Help! Need t-shirt slogan! - 01/30/08 09:21 AM

Oh gosh, oh gosh, oh gosh; I love it Gimster! I love the larger date too. Dee, that’s a good point about having it in front because of the photos.

Just wondering Gimster (in a little timid voice here ). is it possible for you to add “Olympics” ? Crazy idea, but what if you used the ball as the O for Olympics? Might get too crowded, huh? If this is taking too much of your time, please let me know Gimster. Right,..you don’t have anything else to do.

I can't wait to tell my DIL that my boomer sisters designed this. She'll flip out.

Thank you all for your compliments, but I got to tell you; it's no big deal to be a good MIL to Nye. Everyone loves her. We feel so blessed to have her as a part of our family.

Can’t wait to post the group photo of us all in the shirts. Thank you so much everyone. I’m having a hay day with this!
Posted by: ladyjane

Re: Help! Need t-shirt slogan! - 01/30/08 09:28 AM

Hannelore, this is so cool!!! Gimster has done a great job...a real natural! I love the logo and know you'll wear those t shirts so proudly....what an exciting year for you!
Posted by: jabber

Re: Help! Need t-shirt slogan! - 01/30/08 01:49 PM

gimster, I love it!!! Very creative!!!
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: Help! Need t-shirt slogan! - 01/31/08 05:38 AM

Gimster, great job on the graphics. If you're not currently working as a graphic designer -- you should!

Hannelore, this is so sweet and caring of you to do this
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Help! Need t-shirt slogan! - 01/31/08 07:44 PM

Gimster....how creative! You rock girl. Like everyone else has said, if you aren't in designs, you NEED to be. You've added the WOW factor to this T-shirt idea and made it a real thing. I can see everyone of Hannelore's beautiful family with YOUR shirt on. Congrats to both parties! The creator and the wearERs...

Re: Help! Need t-shirt slogan! - 01/31/08 07:57 PM

Hannelore
suggestion

some bookmarks for the local children with the same wonderful logo.It will promote wellbeing through fitness,Would a dairy or fruit warehouse sponsor the bookmarks ?Healthy eating at school
MA
love the logo gimster

Re: Help! Need t-shirt slogan! - 01/31/08 07:59 PM

O8..08..08
lucky 8 .
MA

Re: Help! Need t-shirt slogan! - 02/01/08 03:04 PM

Mountain Ash, I can’t believe I didn’t see the cool date myself! 08.08.08….wow, if that isn’t a lucky number!

Gimster was a sweetheart and sent on three more variations to my email address. I can’t believe she found the time, despite having house guests. soooooo much gimster! Now I’m totally confused. I like all of them!
Posted by: Lola

Re: Help! Need t-shirt slogan! - 02/01/08 04:20 PM

Maybe you can use all three then, Hannelore. A dozen or so of each design. You're a swell MIL.

I bet the other designs are just as great as the one shared here. AB FAB, GIMSTER!!!

Re: Help! Need t-shirt slogan! - 02/02/08 02:47 AM

Can we see the final result?
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Help! Need t-shirt slogan! - 02/02/08 02:51 AM

gimster, that is such a creative design. I love the color balance. You go girl.

Hannelore, I bet you never thought it could be so easy. Ask and you shall receive.

Re: Help! Need t-shirt slogan! - 02/02/08 06:13 AM

you all make me feel so good. REALLY!!!

And, Hannelore, you do know you are under no obligation to use any ... my feelings will not be hurt.