Birthday of ELVIS

Posted by: chatty lady

Birthday of ELVIS - 01/08/07 12:17 AM

In 1935 a King was born name Elvis Presley. Tomorrow, January 8th. would have been his 72nd. birthday, but he passed away August of 1977, he was only 42 years young.
If you google just plain ELVIS PRESLEY tons of info comes up.
There is a saying on one of the sites:

When Elvis became a famous man he could't spell Tennessee, and when he died, he owned it.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELVIS....
Posted by: Jane_Carroll

Re: Birthday of ELVIS - 01/08/07 12:23 AM

Chatty,

Have you talked to da Queen lately? She claims he ain't dead but is working at a filling station in AZ!
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Birthday of ELVIS - 01/08/07 01:30 AM

Good lord is she dating herself or what? A filling station? Nobody calls them that anymore. hahahaha....

You hound dog you....

Re: Birthday of ELVIS - 01/08/07 06:56 AM

Funny, the scuttlebutt is that he is working as an Elvis impersonator right here in Vegas. That way he can turn it on or off whenever he pleases and no one pesters him cause they think he's a fake...Imagine that!

Re: Birthday of ELVIS - 01/08/07 06:59 AM

See....told ya he was alive....if anyone knows, it's Chatty. Thank you Chatty, thank you very much!
Posted by: Anno

Re: Birthday of ELVIS - 01/08/07 07:24 AM

Happy Birthday, Elvis. We miss you! Well, some of us miss you more than others , but we do miss you.
Posted by: Danita

Re: Birthday of ELVIS - 01/08/07 03:05 PM

YUP, some of us more then others. LOL!

Re: Birthday of ELVIS - 01/08/07 06:04 PM

I wondered if Danita would show up...girl, you gotta let me send you a CD of his gospel musack...will ya? All I ask is that you hear him sing "How Great Thy Are" and you will thank the good Lord above for giving him the voice that he had....or has as some of us know....teehee...

Happy Birthday Elvis....you da King...now come get your Queen.....

what?
Posted by: Anno

Re: Birthday of ELVIS - 01/08/07 09:56 PM

Oh, I LOVE the way he sings that song. It is one of my all time favorites songs ever and he makes my soul rock when he sings it.

He had his ups and downs, but he owned rock and roll for years. I do miss his presence in the music world (oops, sorry JJ, but he is ummmm, errr, gone, ya know)
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Birthday of ELVIS - 01/08/07 11:57 PM

Please don't throw anything at me but I've never been an Elvis fan. Never. I'm running after dropping that bomb.

Re: Birthday of ELVIS - 01/09/07 12:00 AM

Me either Dotsie and I've seen him live at the Hilton...(DUCK, IN COMING!!!!!) stop that JJ.
Posted by: Louisa

Re: Birthday of ELVIS - 01/09/07 12:25 AM

Don't worry JJ. The king will never die.
Posted by: Danita

Re: Birthday of ELVIS - 01/09/07 01:33 AM

Dotsie and Chatty -

See how great minds think alike! LOL

(running and hiding)

danita
Posted by: celtic_flame

Re: Birthday of ELVIS - 01/09/07 10:58 AM

i belive another great one it's a mario lanza song think he did it first, American trilogy.....another great one, well well well and i thought i was his only love

lol celtic_flame
Posted by: Jane_Carroll

Re: Birthday of ELVIS - 01/10/07 01:48 AM

Oops...I'll come out of the closet and join the Dotsie, Chatty, Danita club...hey, that's just more Elvis for the rest of you!
Posted by: bamgibbs

Re: Birthday of ELVIS - 01/16/07 03:47 AM

How sad when Elvis gets alot of comment and MLK gets hardly any. I recall a report sayig Elvis made a comment that said "The only thing Black people could do for him was shine his shoes..." but yet he is honored..and MLK tried to make a REAL DIFFERENCE in the world.
Posted by: chickadee

Re: Birthday of ELVIS - 01/16/07 04:27 AM

Bamgibbs, this is an old urban legend. Just thought I'd let you know. (can't stump me when it comes to Elvis )

Everything, banks, post office etc is closed here today in honour of Martin Luther King Jr, and so it should be.

chick
Posted by: Edelweiss

Re: Birthday of ELVIS - 01/16/07 09:07 AM

Bamgibbs, I think it doesn't matter what kind of politician (white or black) is being honored, only a movie star or singer can make people gush.
Posted by: bamgibbs

Re: Birthday of ELVIS - 01/17/07 02:16 PM

Thanks for that info Chickadee...urban legend, huh? Well, it sure spread like wildfire in the "urban" community--and it's funny, to this very day--we still believe he said it.

Peace & Blessings,
Beverly Mahone
Author, Whatever! A Baby Boomer's Journey Into Middle Age
http://www.talk2bev.com
“We are Strong…We are Invincible…We are Baby Boomers!”
Live to be DRAMA FREE Seminars coming Soon!