Guarding the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier

Posted by: DreamrKate

Guarding the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier - 06/08/04 10:14 AM

A friend of mine sent me an email this morning regarding the discipline of those who guard the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. Being ever the skeptic that I am, I had to find something to back up what she told me. You know, there's so much on the web that you can almost find anything to support any issue but this was very interesting to me. I found this web site, just in case you have a few minutes to look at it.
http://www.bend.com/news/ar_view^3Far_id^3D3252.htm
Kate
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Guarding the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier - 06/08/04 12:59 PM

Amen to that Speakermom, the media would love for us to continue to behave like sheep and just follow along blindly with whatever we're told...We're to smart for that, WOMEN RULE!!!
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Guarding the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier - 06/08/04 03:22 PM

That was a very interesting link and I enjoyed the read. Thanks for taking the time to find it and post it for us all.

JJ
Posted by: Songbird

Re: Guarding the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier - 06/08/04 09:45 PM

Great info to pass on. Hurray for our servicemen, who bravely do so much for our country! Thanks for sharing it!
Posted by: DreamrKate

Re: Guarding the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier - 06/09/04 03:15 AM

Heyyy... remember I work for a newspaper, and we get slammed either way. Either people think we're a liberal rag or if we don't believe their way we're uptight conservatives. Granted, we're in the business to sell papers, it IS a business after all, but really and truly, we are just supposed to give the information, as objective as possible.

In any case, that has nothing to do with the comments. I really thought that the service requirements were so very impressive about those soldiers. The sense of duty, of respect and complete selflessness almost brought tears to my eyes. There's something so very inspiring about their sense of loyalty and patriotism that makes one (like me) speechless. So I thought it was a really neat thing to pass on to those I know would appreciate it.

Kate